Friday, March 19, 2021

Predicting Sundays at 10/9 Central on CBS: 2021 Version

I do this post occasionally where I talk about what CBS might air in a specific timeslot during the next season. It is the most interesting for me to track over and over again. I plan to do a post where I cover a fantasy schedule for the next season. First, let’s get to the history of the unusual season and what had happened with this timeslot the previous season.

The planned schedule starting in fall of 2020 had NCIS: New Orleans occupying this timeslot. But this did not happen right away. They aired classic reruns of NCIS during this time for all of football season (that did not have movies on it) which was good since then we wouldn’t have to stay up late for something that we couldn’t already see elsewhere already. Only after football season did that show return to this timeslot. But now it is ending this season and something else will be there. I’m going to go through all of the potential shows for this from what I think are the most likely to last most likely with me ignoring what I feel isn’t likely to happen at all. I’m going to do a quicker post of this than usual.

NCIS: Los Angeles (with downgrades in timeslots being very common on Sundays where what is the latest airing show was an hour earlier the previous season, it is hard to tell what else would be better than this to be put in this timeslot), The Equalizer (if it was supposed to air in this timeslot at one point in time, then it only makes sense to put it here), Evil (if this even returns, then I don’t see much of a better timeslot for the rest of what would be its short run), Bull (if anything is randomly moving here, it is that show), FBI: Most Wanted (this could easily lose its great timeslot soon, but I wouldn’t expect it to fail immediately in this timeslot for a while), something new (this is always a possibility and could wind up happening, making it even one of the possible spin-offs that they are planning to make)

There’s not much else to talk about in this post as I’m wanting to keep this short and get it published before midnight in the Central time zone, two hours before it will say this is published. I need to get some of what I want written and just give up on other things at some point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment