Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Mondays in Primetime Version 7

Mondays are a day that I’ve had mixed feelings about at times, but they tend to have good shows a lot of the time now. It seems to air a lot of new things a lot of the time. NBC shows a lot of different things over time. They mostly show The Voice as the first show for most of the year. ABC airs Dancing with the Stars in the fall, The Bachelor in the winter, and American Idol during the spring. It airs other things throughout the year. The Good Doctor is the current end of their schedule. CBS shows two different comedies right now at this time before ending with Bull. They also air All Rise. FOX is currently airing 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star. The CW airs All American and Black Lightning.

The Neighborhood: Status- Currently on CBS at 8/7 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I tend to watch a CBS show at least once and this was no exception. Description- A white family moves into a predominately black neighborhood. Notable People- It has Max Greenfield from New Girl. It has Beth Behrs from 2 Broke Girls. It has Tichina Arnold from Everybody Hates Chris. Pros- It has a more racially equal cast than what you typically see. Cons- It wasn’t really any good or funny. The material does not work that well. Note to Parents- There might be some issues with it at time in terms of if kids should watch this or not, but it is probably better than most. Recommendation- I’d pass on this. My Viewing Habits- I only watched this once. Prediction- This will probably last for now as enough other people like it. Reception: mixed to negative. Grade: D.

9-1-1: Status- Currently on FOX at 8/7 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- When I first watched it, nothing else that I cared about was on. Description- Various emergency workers are shown from their professional life to their personal lives. Notable People- Jennifer Love Hewitt, from Ghost Whisperer and Criminal Minds, is a character on the show. Peter Krause, from Parenthood and The Catch, is another person on the show. Pros- The plot is good and works most of the time. Cons- Some of it can seem a bit unrealistic at times. A lot of what happens can seem like wasted time. Note to Parents- There is a lesbian on the show. Most of the episodes air with a content adversary warning. Some of what happens can be violent more than it needs to be. Recommendation- I think that it is good and worth watching if you have the time for it. My Viewing Habits- I starting watching into its second season around March and plan to keep watching when I can until it ends. Prediction- This will probably keep lasting for now and should air 100 episodes. Reception: positive. Grade: A.

All American: Status- Currently on the CW at 8/7 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I like to watch some new CW shows at least once when they first start airing. Noteworthiness- This is based off of a true story. Description- A teenage boy moves in with a coach who seeks to give him a better life. Pros- The show worked in some ways. Cons- It didn’t really click with me at all. There wasn’t much that was interesting about it. Note to Parents- There might not be too much bad about this. Recommendation- I don’t think that it is worth anyone’s time. My Viewing Habits- I only watched the first episode and never cared about seeing the show again. Prediction- It will probably last until the CW wants to end it at some point in the future. Reception: positive. Grade: D.

9-1-1: Lone Star: Status- Currently on FOX at 9/8 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I watched the original so I figured that I might as well check this out too. Noteworthiness- This is a spin-off of the original 9-1-1, set in Texas. Description- A man dealing with personal problems brings his son to Texas and starts a new team there of firefighters there from other places since the old team had died in a previous crisis. Notable People- Rob Lowe, who was and is in a lot of other shows, such as The West Wing, Brothers & Sisters, Parks and Recreation, The Grinder, and Code Black, is the main character. Gina Torres, from Firefly, among other projects, is another character. Pros- The show is interesting and the characters are wonderful. Cons- Some of the characters don’t have as much material to them as others. Parts of it are way over the top. Note to Parents- There’s a lot of questionable content in here for kids and it airs with a content adversary warning most, if not all, of the time. Recommendation- This is quite a good show and worth keeping up with. My Viewing Habits- I have seen this from the beginning, but am not sure that I saw all of this thus far. Prediction- This will probably last for a while. Its only issue right now is if the other show will eclipse it. Reception: mostly positive. Grade: B. New review

Bob Hearts Abishola: Status- Currently on CBS at 8:30/7:30 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I tend to watch a CBS show at least once when I can. Description- A man falls for a medical person who treated him after he was sent to the hospital. Notable People- This stars Billy Gardel from Mike and Molly. It also was created by (or at least produced by) Chuck Lorre who also did Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, and Mom. Pros- This had some parts that worked and could be interesting long term. Cons- I wasn’t finding much good or funny in it. Note to Parents- This might have the usual problems that you might expect from most of the TV shows nowadays. Recommendation- Don’t bother with it. My Viewing Habits- I watched the first episode, but never cared about seeing it again. Prediction- This will probably last. Reception: mixed. Grade: D.

All Rise: Status- Currently on CBS at 9/8 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I tend to watch shows on CBS at least once. Description- This is a courtroom drama largely from a judge’s perspective. Pros- It seemed pretty good. We see what we normally don’t in perspective. Cons- It does have a problem by not seeming much different from other shows like it, outside of who the main focus is on. Some can question if the friendships on the show would be ethical or good in reality. Note to Parents- This might not have too much that kids can’t see, but could have issues beyond that as it would focus on bad things in people’s lives such as crimes. Recommendation- I think that this is worth the time. My Viewing Habits- I was not able to see as much of this in the beginning due to work commitments. Now that the problem of it is over, I think that I will watch it a lot more in the future. Prediction- This could last. Reception: generally favorable. Grade: A.

Black Lightning: Status- Currently on the CW at 9/8 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I try to watch a new CW show at least once if I can. Also, I like most superhero shows and watch them when I can as they are normally good. Noteworthiness- This is adapted from a DC comics character. Description- A black superhero comes out of retirement to protect his city from new threats. Pros- This show has more normal humans that can solve problems and even create problems. Thus, it is good that it focuses less on just a super villain of the week. The plot largely works for the most part. Cons- There could be more people that have super powers in this than I’ve seen thus far. Its advantage of not always focusing on people with powers is also a problem. There could be more to it than there is. Note to Parents- Teens should be okay watching this and maybe some preteens would be okay too, but there are some issues that parents might have with this, such as a lesbian character. Recommendation- I see it as largely good and suggest watching it. My Viewing Habits- I got into this just a bit later than I was wanting to and have missed a lot, but have watched this since the first season. I missed a lot of this early into 2019’s new season due to work commitments before I could come back into it long term after that. Prediction- It is currently airing its last season. Reception: positive. Grade: B.

The Good Doctor: Status- Currently on ABC at 10/9 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- It looked like a pretty good show to me. Noteworthiness- This is an adaptation of a South Korean show. Description- A young doctor with autism starts working with other doctors and has to overcome stigma. Notable People- Hill Harper, from CSI: New York, stars on this show as well. David Shore, the creator of House, is also the creator of this show as well. Pros- This is wonderful with well written characters, plots, and overall believable medical situations. Cons- Not all the characters are nice people. I know that happens a lot and it can be needed at times, but it can still be a problem. Note to Parents- This is mostly acceptable for kids, but there are some problems with it in terms of what age can watch. I’d say that pre-teens and older should be good with this. Recommendation- I think that everyone should watch this. My Viewing Habits- I know that I have not seen every episode, but I have watched this as much as I can over the course of time. I missed this show for a while due to work commitments. Prediction- This is getting good ratings for now so it will stay for as long as that lasts. Reception: mixed to positive. Grade: A+.

Bull: Status- Currently on CBS at 10/9 Central on Mondays. Why I’ve seen it- I always watch a CBS show under most circumstances and I thought that this show would be interesting too. Noteworthiness- This is inspired by something Dr. Phil did before he went into television. He also helped create the show. Description- This is about a jury consultant who helps with court cases. Notable People- This stars Michael Weatherly, well known from NCIS, as the main character. Pros- It seems like a pretty interesting show as you normally don’t see courtroom dramas from this perspective. In fact, it makes you wonder why you don’t see shows like this more often. Cons- Michael Weatherly is doing a bad job of separating himself from NCIS as his character on this show is very similar to the one he played on NCIS. Also, it doesn’t seem realistic as no other courtroom drama has this angle on it. Some problems often wind up being nonfactors in the show. There can be a sense of sameness with the episodes. Note to Parents- This is the standard amount in terms of what is acceptable for kids or not. Recommendation- I would watch this show if you could. My Viewing Habits- I have watched it since the first episode, but know that I have not seen all of it. Prediction- Despite allegations against the star, this is doing well enough and will stay around for a while, it seems. Reception: negative. Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment