Saturday, March 6, 2021

An Annoyance with TVSins

There is this something that I’ve started to have an issue with. I don’t even know how best to explain it. But I still feel like doing a post on it. I’m going to explain what I’m talking about as I go along and why I find it problematic to the point of not wanting to watch this channel anymore.

You see, TVSins is a YouTube channel. It started with the person who did CinemaSins and even had the same narrator for a while. The new narrator’s only real problem is that he is doing carbon copy sins of what the original narrator would do. But the new narrator isn’t the problem that I have. The content of the channel has the person pointing out various flaws of an episode of a TV show. That isn’t the issue that I have either. I currently subscribe to this channel and get notifications. It was a specific thing that they were sinning that I feel was unfair.

People have admitted in the comments of various CinemaSins videos in their everything wrong with… series that they use this to watch movies for free. Indeed, it is on YouTube and if you want to put up with ads, then you’ll get the channel’s content for free yourself. The person who gets money are those that do the channel from their many views and subscribers.

This could get a channel into trouble. Often, YouTube covers things with fair use where if you review something, you can air clips from said thing without having to worry that much about copyright getting you into trouble. But this can still happen where reviews are taken down for copyright reasons. This was the case so much with so many of the songs and music being used that in videos starting around 2020, CinemaSins stopped playing music and even scores from movies since doing so could run the risk of a ban. When they are able to reupload old videos, you can tell because instead of playing the song, they say that they can’t play said song.

But the issue that I have more relates to bypassing paid content in order to give free content all while they get money of their own in return. Shortly after WandaVision premiered, this became all that TVSins would cover. WandaVision being a Disney+ show is something only available legally if you buy Disney+ for yourself. But every new episode of this show was available in sin form on a free YouTube channel. Granted, you aren’t getting the whole series and it is likely that there is something wrong with the very channel pointed out flaws in others (such as misleading people into thinking that it goes one way when if you’ve seen the whole thing, you’d know that they are wrong themselves about what they say is wrong), but they are still doing something to get money for themselves while people watch their channel instead of WandaVision itself.

TVSins has the right to cover whatever content they want. They can even do episodes of shows with such fast turnaround that the content is brand new. But I don’t think that I like this and can get behind this channel anymore. I’d still a subscriber of it at the moment and haven’t stopping watching it just yet. But it has been a while and more or less from the moment that they did this, I haven’t gone back to this channel. I don’t like the fact that they are sinning something this new and seeming to do this with a show this new and oddly popular (I know it is MCU, but I can’t even understand what this is supposed to be about and have no plans to watch it myself) that is not available unless you have a streaming site. This is why I’m annoyed with this YouTube channel and may never watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment