Saturday, March 27, 2021

Predicting the Next CW Final Season Shows: 2021 Version

CW is unique among the networks regarding how they do things. They tend to only cancel shows by renewing them for a final season. They also renew some shows before they even air their next season. This makes the network fun to predict what they might do with final season renewals. I might as well get to it before they do. If you don’t see it mentioned, then it either hasn’t been renewed yet (and thus not worth predicting just yet, if at all) or I consider it enough outside the main season most of the time for this not to count. Here’s every show renewed for next season and my thoughts on if it will stay or go in the 2021-2022 TV season.

 

All American: I give this about a 55% chance of ending next season. While I wouldn’t think that it would have that low a chance of ending a year ago even now given its low episode count, the fact that they will be ending Black Lightning this early makes me worried for a show like this to make me think that it will be more likely to end than not, but not in the higher end that it could be.

 

Batwoman: I give this about a 40% chance of ending next season. It is still too new and growing. You’d think that they’d give the ax to other Arrowverse shows before this one. Plus, Pandora’s and The Outpost’s futures still unknown, they don’t cancel any shows in their third or second season on The CW anymore, outside of summer shows.

 

Charmed: I give this about a 33% chance of ending next season. There is still a lot more that they can get out of this show so I expect them to do a lot with it in the future until they don’t want it anymore. I do not see any major issues with this yet.

 

Coroner: I give this about a 45% chance of ending next season. This one is a bit different as it is one of the foreign imports currently airing on the CW so it wouldn’t be the same as all of the American shows that are on it, but I’d still say that it is more likely to stay than not provided it lasts in Canada.

 

Dynasty: I give this about a 67% chance of ending next season. I wish that I could have higher hopes for it, but with a show not needing special effects having its current season air so late in the schedule plus its history of behind the scenes drama makes me think that it is more likely to end in the future than it is to stay around. Plus, if Black Lightning didn’t need to go 100 episodes, than neither does this or any other show that gets a final season renewal.

 

The Flash: I give this about a 2% chance of ending next season. Let’s face it: this show isn’t going anywhere at the moment. It is still the CW’s most popular show and they would end every other Arrowverse show before they ended this one.

 

In the Dark: I give this about a 53% chance of ending next season. It was never popular and shouldn’t have stuck around as long as it has. With a fourth season being on the future which is the bare minimum for any CW show that lasts beyond a first, then this is more likely to be ousted before many other shows like it in the future.

 

Legacies: I give this about a 50% chance of ending next season. It could go either way depending on whether or not they want to continue this franchise or end it all. Whether or not a new show will show up in The Vampire Diaries franchise would be unknown, but that might be the driving force between if it will stay or go in the future.

 

Legends of Tomorrow: I give this about a 70% chance of ending next season. This would probably get the boot of any Arrowverse show in the future. I know that I said this before, but nothing else would seem logical and who knows just what other shows they’ll want in the future instead of this. They could be able to milk 100 episodes or even more out of this. Maybe with it gone, we can make room for Green Arrow and the Canaries, provided that there is any hope for that show.

 

Nancy Drew: I give this about a 32% chance of ending next season. It is too new and not really set to end or go anywhere because of this fact. Can you see any reason why they would ax it? Even rating declines wouldn’t get rid of it that soon.

 

Penn and Teller: Fool Us: I give this about a 66% chance of ending next season. I am giving it a higher chance because it just doesn’t seem like it could last that long in the future when there could be a lot more else they’d want to air instead. Still, I’d put this on the lesser side of ending, even giving it a high chance than a low chance.

 

Riverdale: I give this about a 75% chance of ending next season. While I like the show enough, you’d have to admit that once the characters graduate in a high school show, people will lose interest. Plus, there is enough going on with the schedule (I mean, it is airing in July) that it seems like they just don’t care that much about the show anymore. If it does last beyond next season, I’d be surprised if it lasted much further beyond that.

 

Roswell, New Mexico: I give this about a 51% chance of ending next season. They don’t seem to care that much about the show. Even if they keep renewing it before it airs, the later airing seasons do not seem to be that good a sign for its future and they might not be able to milk that much out of it.

 

Superman and Lois: I give this about a 10% chance of ending next season. They wouldn’t have renewed this show so soon if they didn’t care about it or its long term plan for the future. Thus, I don’t see it going anywhere for quite some time.

 

Walker: I give this about a 5% chance of ending next season. This wouldn’t cost the network as much as other shows that are older, require special effects, or both. Thus, we are going to see a whole lot more of this in the future until it has a nice long run and the CW uses its star for another show as his career is set for life or retirement.

 

No major shows: I give this about a 49% chance of happening. I have to include this on here just to see if the network known for being unusual won’t end anything at all. I highly doubt this will ever happen, but still give this a close to 50/50 chance just in case that it does.

 

And that’s all for these predictions in the future. We’ll see which of them come true and also see just how long it might take the CW to make certain choices that they do. We do know that Burden of Truth will be ending this coming summer or whenever it airs and we have a lot to see of at lot of these shows in the future versus which ones we won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment