Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Top Ten Anti-Heroes of Arrow

While I don’t think for sure this will be the last top ten from Arrow as I might mention what I feel are the best ten episodes of the show as well (and possibly the worst, but maybe just the best), I think that this could be the most fitting one since Oliver Queen in an anti-hero and so is everyone on the list. I just hope that I didn’t include anyone on this list that was on the other ones as well. I think that I picked a bunch of good people and I know that a lot of these could just be villains who became heroes or others that have been on this list. But let’s get to it then.

#10 Al-Fatih: While I don’t remember this person that well (and might not have seen any of the episodes he was in), I still think that he was a great anti-hero in the show and made quite a good bit of influence in the series as a whole.

#9 Noah Kuttler: Another more obscure person, I still felt that he was a great anti-hero from what I was able to look up of him when doing research for this post. I can hope that he is better than this paragraph describing him seems to give credit for.

#8 Talia al Ghul: She was pretty great in the end, even if she didn’t have as much of an influence on the show as she could have in the end. I still like what she was able to do for the team as she was able to help Oliver with his prison time while moving the plot forward in important ways.

#7 Anatoly Knyazev: Quite a pivotal part of the whole series, he was a frienemy of Oliver, but still used a lot and very helpful in the end to a lot of this show, proving quite a huge influence over the rest of the people in the show at times and doing a lot.

#6 Slade Wilson: The big bad of the second season, he wound up doing enough good in the end that he is worthy of the place on the anti-hero list instead of the villain list. He helped train Oliver, even if it wound up costing him his eye and even normal human behavior for a while.

#5 Nyssa al Ghul: The daughter of the third season big bad, she’s important like her half sister who was also here on this list. She was quite an influential person on the whole show that it is hard to believe that she was ever a bad person at one point.

#4 Mia Smoak: Oliver’s daughter is worthy of the list, even if she is quite mysterious in many ways and a bit hard to keep track of what happened after the crisis and other ways. I think that she has a lot more of her future left to tell which is why I really hope that the show Green Arrow and the Canaries is made in the end so we can see what happens next to her and the others. If nothing else, at least conclude the cliffhanger of the penultimate episode in a Legends of Tomorrow one.

#3 Vincent Sobel: Better known as Vigilante, he is someone that could have been a villain through and through, but those who kept up with the whole franchise would have noticed that he was with all of the heroes who died in Doomworld, an episode of Legends of Tomorrow. That great piece of foreshadowing proved that he would wind up being a hero in the end despite his evil ways for a while.

#2 Laurel Lance of Earth-2: First she was an evil Yanny based off of her earth-1 counterpoint and then she became a hero so redeemed by the sacrifice of her father’s doppelganger that Oliver felt it was better to keep her alive then bring back the earth-1 counterpart of hers that she had. I love all of the layers and complexity of this character as things went along and hope that she can be seen more in the future as well with all the other canaries.

#1 Oliver Queen: Of course the main character would be the best of the anti-heroes of all of this show in the end. I don’t know who else would even qualify as better. He stopped being a killer most of the time and even helped lead the city as mayor. He also revealed his secret identity in the end in order to do the best for others. And it was his sacrifice that saved the multiverse after it was destroyed.


That’s all that I can think of saying for this post. I hope that you liked it even if not many people of you are reading posts like this in the end. I can only hope that people enjoyed it nonetheless. It was quite a fun show to watch at times and I only wish that I saw more of it than I did in the end. Maybe I still can and will. Who knows what the future might hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment