Thursday, June 11, 2020

Beware Clickbait TV Websites

I will be talking about at least three websites in this blog post, even though I thought at first that I would only talk about two of them. One covers more than just TV and I’m honestly not sure what the other two are. I just thought that I would warn you about them.

While browsing on other sites, typically news ones, I keep seeing ads for two different sites that stand out in my mind. One is called the delite and the other is called the investing. I will never go to either of these sites because they are full of crap. How do I know this? They will say, often, “canceled shows, effective immediately” while showing a picture from a show that isn’t cancelled or in any danger of being that. Also, the idea that any of these shows would be cancelled when they say they are is also outrageous in some way since they just simply aren't true.

Blatant lying like this is simply a way to get people who don’t know any better to click of this site. I do not know what happens if you do. There could be malware there or other spam. Maybe it is just a waste of time in some way and has no other negative issue than that. Still, the ads are lies that they are hoping people will fall for, something that I’m pretty sure is banned in advertising.

I know that All Rise isn’t cancelled. CBS would not just randomly announce whether or not NCIS is renewed in some way the way these sites would claim. Blue Bloods has never been in danger of ending, and yet the delite keeps putting that in their pictures of supposedly immediately cancelled shows. They can also be clueless at times as one of them thought that a show called Navy Seal exists. I know what show they meant based on the picture, but most people shouldn’t fall for such crap.

There is another site that isn’t as bad that is always advertised on imdb. This site is called zergnet and it just seems to be more of a waste of time than anything else. They do a lot of things that just seem random and there are times when it seems like they try to answer something important, but don’t. They keep talking about why a certain actor or actress isn’t doing anything anymore or a supposed real reason why a show ended, no matter how long ago it did. The one that I actually read that annoyed me most was over why Hetty was gone from NCIS: Los Angeles. It was an eight page story and only page seven had a fleeting mention of the reason why she was gone.


If you know of any other sites, be it dangerous or just dumb, that one should avoid that are always in some way advertised or promoted elsewhere, let me know so I can pass the warning on. I try not to click on ads from news sites as I think that both Yahoo’s and MSN’s websites have done ad for stories that I was interested in that immediately tried to put a virus on my laptop that I could thankfully get out of right away. I have never clicked on an ad on MSN’s main webpage again which I’m typically only on after I am done checking my hotmail account, but can be there other times as well. Like I said, I don’t know if either the investing or the delite would try to give your computer a virus, but since they are clearly trying to trick you into thinking a show is leaving that isn’t, then I wouldn’t think that something good would happen, even if you just wind up wasting your time on crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment