Tuesday, July 2, 2019

The Absurdity of Hate Watching

Something goes on with people that makes absolutely no sense to me. I’m sure that I’m not alone in thinking this way. There are people who hate watch shows. Basically, there are shows that they watch that they hate. For some reason, this is something that they get a twisted joy out of doing. Maybe if one reads this post, they can help me try to understand their reasoning. But I don’t get why one would ever do this sort of thing. Why watch something that you hate?

Honestly, though, there might have been a show that, for a bit, I had hate watched it. Out of all of the shows that I ever watched, this is the only time that this has ever happened. The show was called Super Why. It was targeted for kids and even though I was no longer a kid, I still watched this and other kid shows like it. It wasn’t long into my watching of it that I realized I wasn’t that into it. I kept mocking it when I watched it due to finding it stupid in many ways. When I realized that I didn’t like it, I not only stopped watching it; I stopped watching all the kids’ shows that I was still into.

Not all people are like this, apparently. Some people not only watch shows they hate, they review it for others like them to enjoy. Only this can irritate those who wanted to review a show that they missed or like if they wanted a second opinion on it. It’s quite annoying reading those reviews of people who only seem to point out all the flaws of the episode or worse: just one flaw getting four paragraphs. This does not make any sense to me.

Maybe I just don’t like how some people review shows. But other people do reviews in different ways than I like to do them. I just want a similar reviewer who won’t go on long rants about the show or put various flaws in there with them. And reviewers may not even be hate watching in these cases. They just might not like excusing different flaws about it and have to draw attention to problems with it.

Still, this goes back to hate watching itself being a very flawed things to do. I’ve wasted a lot of my life by watching TV shows. Everyone who watches TV is more or less wasting their time doing it unless they do make money in some way talking about the shows they watch. If you are going to waste time by tuning into a show, why make it something you hate? There are other things you could watch or you could do something better with your life that doesn’t involving watching TV at all. You could read a book, socialize with people, sleep, learn new life skills, or do anything more important. Watching a TV show that you hate is not a good way of spending time.

What makes these people even more stupid is that they often complain when the shows that they do not like get renewed. Why watch something and complain when it stays around? If you want something cancelled, you shouldn’t watch it. If you do hate watch, then don’t complain when that show stays. I mean, you do keep spending your time watching it. Yet you hate it. Why complain?

There are plenty of shows that I realized for one reason or another, I didn’t like anymore. Thus, while I used to watch it regularly, I stop watching and normally don’t return to it, even for brief moments of time. This makes sense to me. Not doing this would just take too much time out of my life. I don’t need to spend time watching shows that I don’t like. That’s why I often don’t watch shows a second time, even if they weren’t that bad a show. I don’t need to spend time doing things that I don’t like.

While some people might like to hate watch, it will forever make no sense to me. It goes against all that the word hate means and all that any bit of hate stands for. Continually watching a show that you don’t like makes about as much sense as having friends you’re always complaining about or seeing more of a movie series after not liking the first one in it. If you know that you don’t like something, then there is not point to stay with it.


I don’t think that there’s much else to say in this post. Maybe someone can explain hate watching to me or maybe it will never make sense to me, like bondage in the bedroom. Whatever the reasoning that others have behind it, I know that I won’t be doing it myself. Know that there will probably not be a post of this blog next Tuesday. A different blog will be updated instead. I should be back in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment