Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Notes on the Upcoming FOX Schedule: 2019 Version

Well, I’m now doing a new network on this list of upcoming networks to talk about in my blog. Some of you might be wondering why I’m starting doing this now. Well, WWE Smackdown, more commonly known as Friday Night Smackdown, used to air on the CW network. It then went to different channels and will now be on the FOX network. Since a CBS show moving to the CW caused me to keep track of that network more, I might as well start covering FOX shows since a former CW is now on FOX.

Let’s start with the new shows replacing old shows. The first notable replacement that I can think of is Star becoming Almost Family. Gotham will split into two things. One will be the returning Last Man Standing. The other will be the new show Outmatched. The Orville has left for Hulu. In its place will be Filthy Rich. Proven Innocent and The Cool Kids are both gone in favor WWE Smackdown, a show that often airs on Fridays and is thus called Friday Night Smackdown. Rel will finally be replaced by Bless the Harts. Lethal Weapon will now be the Prodigal Son.

Both The Gifted and Mental Samurai are over and will be replaced by the returning show The Masked Singer. WWE Smackdown will be in place of Last Man Standing for a while before that show returns. Let’s not forget that Thursday Night Football will be on FOX before the end of football season.

Another thing to keep track of is new shows coming later. These are midseason shows or something that is going to be on at some point according to what is known about the schedule thus far.  All of these shows that I know about now are 9-1-1: Lone Star, Deputy, Duncanville, The Great North, and NeXt. Filthy Rich and Outmatched are both midseason as well, though mentioned otherwise above.

With the returning shows coming later, Hell’s Kitchen and MasterChef Junior will both be on at some point. I have no idea about MasterChef, which will probably just be on sometime during the summer. I can’t find out if Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back will be on again yet. Last Man Standing will be on again later as well.


That’s pretty much all for this post. I’ll hopefully get to the summer shows in the next post before I get to the planned viewing schedule for the fall. If I do decide to do cancellation predictions again, it will come sometime after that as well. I should get to the Golden Huckleberry Awards later at some point. No idea yet when I’ll get to the cancelled shows post. I will hopefully see you back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment