Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Notes on the Upcoming CBS Schedule: 2019 Version

Well, since it is the summer when I tend to write more blog posts based on themes that I do each and every year, I might as well get to posting about the upcoming CBS schedule. I’ve done this for a while now and figure that I might as keep doing it for as long as I want to. Enjoy this obsessive compulsive post that I like to do every year.

Let’s get to the new shows for the fall. They are Bob heart Abishola, All Rise, The Unicorn, Carol’s Second Act, and Evil. Shows scheduled for midseason are Broke, FBI: Most Wanted, and Tommy. Any other new shows aren’t known at this time.

You might wonder what shows replaced what other ones. Life in Pieces will now be Carol’s Second Act. While God Friended Me was briefly replaced by The Red Line, it will now return in its place. Magnum P.I. was off the air for a while, replaced by The Code. The Code is now All Rise. Meanwhile MacGyver is gone until midseason and will be replaced by the returning Magnum P.I. The Amazing Race is gone again until midseason and will be replaced by Evil.

Now getting to the other shows that replaced what, I might as well say what all happened. The Red Line aired during the hiatus of both God Friended Me and Madam Secretary. It will be replaced by both of those shows. Man with a Plan will now be Bob heart Abishola. Only Man with a Plan will return at some point next season. The Big Bang Theory will be replaced by The Unicorn.

What shows had changed before the season finished? Well, The World’s Best is hard to track given it being a bit of a strangely scheduled show. It started out replacing Survivor. But then it no longer aired for just one hour and aired for two instead. It kept SEAL Team from returning right away. Criminal Minds left and became Million Dollar Mile. Criminal Minds will be returning for its final season some point at midseason. Million Dollar Mile got replaced by The Amazing Race until the end of the season.

There are a lot of shows returning later that weren’t part of the schedule at some point. Supposedly, we are going to more Undercover Boss at some point. I have no idea why it’s been gone from the schedule for so long. I think that I’ve already noted all the other shows that will return later at some point.


Not much else can be said in this post. I’ll have to get to posting about The CW’s schedule at some point. There’s also a new network that I’ll be tracking and I’ll explain why I’ll be tracking it at some point as well based on what has happened in the past. Stay tuned for more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment