Tuesday, June 4, 2019

2019 Summer Cancellation Predictions

I don’t know yet if I’ll do the regular cancellation predictions this year again, although I probably will. It is the post of any blog that I most enjoy writing about. I have thought about getting rid of certain posts in this blog due to lack of readership on them. But I’m going to do this post and probably do others like it in the future. While I don’t know how often I might keep doing predictions on the summer posts, I might as well get to writing about various things.

First, I’m going to do a reminder of what I said in the main post that could still be cancelled as they have started this late. They are Grand Hotel, Blood and Treasure, Instinct, Ransom, Cosmos: Possible Worlds, Spin the Wheel, A.P. Bio, The InBetween, The 100. I’m only mentioning them again as I already said that I thought they wouldn’t last and feel that I shouldn’t change any if I don’t want to. It is worth noting that it is possible that Cosmos: Possible Worlds will not air at all due to allegations of misconduct against the main man in it. I wonder if they could just get a new person in it.

Now I’m going to go into the changed predictions, if I have any. The only real note that I have to say is that a show called The Gilded Age was at one point going to air on NBC. It has moved to HBO and will air on that network instead. I’ll have to imagine the pilot versus the series will be more different than the pilot of Everybody Loves Raymond was. That, or they’ll reshoot the pilot. My only point in mentioning this is to point out that I won’t care about the show with it having left network television (or never airing on the original network as planned) so I won’t be mentioning it again.

Now let’s get to new shows that I don’t think will last. I’ll just point out any and all of them. We will see if any outside of these air in the future. We’ll even see if all of these air. The new shows that I don’t think will last are I Ship it, What Just Happened? With Fred Savage, Love Island, Songland, Bring the Funny, First Responders Live, Reef Break, Holey Moley, Family Food Fight, The Big Stage, Videos after Dark, Bulletproof, Hypnotize Me, Mysteries Decoded, Pandora, and Red Bull Peaking.

What’s notable to point out about this is you have to wonder when they couldn’t have aired the Fred Savage hosted show at a sooner point since they’ve had an open timeslot since March they could have put that show at that they were airing Family Guy reruns at. It’s also worth noting that I Ship it was supposed to have started at this point already and still hasn’t, but could be on CW seed.

There are going to be two different parts of this section where I talk about different returning shows that might not last. The only one that’s not worth mentioning elsewhere is Hollywood Game Night. It is never a good sign or normal for a network television show to be gone with no explanation for more than a year so while it is good for fans of it that it is back, I wouldn’t think that it would last.

A different set of shows are the revivals that might not last. All of these might seem new since they have been gone for so long. They are Paradise Hotel, Press Your Luck, Card Sharks, and Beverly Hills 90210. It is kind of funny to me that there was already a remake of that last show I mentioned on the CW that is over that even made use of the same people as the original and now it is back again. They are giving it such a strange airtime and it might just be a planned intro into a better, long term return. We’ll see.

Let’s get to the shows that are cancelled via not returning. They are Pink Collar Crimes, TKO: Total Knock Out, and The Four: Battle for Stardom. It is possible that TKO actually is over officially. But the other two seem like they are gone in favor of other programming or reruns with not even an acknowledgment of what might have happened with them.

It might be a bit late for this, but let’s get to the freebies of this season. There are only two that I know of right now. Elementary is airing its last season this summer. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be back after this current season of it is over.

Now I’m going to get to what I think is safe. It is likely in my mind that all of these shows will last: The Wall, Big Brother, To Tell the Truth, Celebrity Family Feud, The $100,000 Pyramid, Burden of Truth, So You Think You Can Dance?, Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Whose Line is it Anyways?, Beat Shazam, American Ninja Warrior, America’s Got Talent, The Bachelorette, Bachelor in Paradise, 48 Hours: NCIS, Match Game, The Outpost, Masterchef, and What Would You Do?


Well, that’s about it for this post. I had to schedule a lot of posts in advance, but am now done and I got caught up to the point I needed to. I will let you know if the posts here on Tuesdays will randomly end in the future. It could happen if I wind up blogging about three old Survivor seasons at once. That would be kind of hectic, but entirely possible, depending on what I get or is given to me in the future. I will be here next week unless something crazy or unexpected happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment