Monday, June 17, 2019

Interesting Scheduling Notes 2019 Version

This will probably be a quick post as I’m not quite sure what all I should add to it. I’m not even sure if this should be something that I post year after year or not. For now, though, I am doing this. I m might as well point out something interesting about any schedule change that’s notable about any of the networks. What all is there to say? Well, let’s get to it.

The CW might be the first network in the history of network television to not have a show last just one single season. While it probably should have cancelled In the Dark and All American, both of them are now around for a season two. Roswell, New Mexico and Charmed were the only other shows on their first season on this network and they are both lasting into a second season as well. Does this mean that pretty much any show not on its final season on this network have anything to worry about? Well, I guess that we’ll see for sure later, but I doubt it.

Going to FOX, I wonder if they just couldn’t find a good replacement for Cosmos that they never tried to replace it with anything. Couldn’t they have moved up a summer show to replace it sooner? I don’t get why they often don’t do things like that. They aired a lot of repeats in this time when you’d think that they could have found something to replace it with instead.

The Code on CBS is gone for now and will return later this summer. Why would they not air it now? I guess that since it is ending for sure, they figure that they don’t need to air it right away or something weird like that. I don’t always pretend to know why some networks do what they do.

NBC, you’d think, would have lots of good chances with The Voice lead-out timeslot to get one highly rated show after another. But have you noticed that, more often than not, most of the shows they put in this timeslot don’t last at all? What’s with that? Manifest lasted, but not all shows are like this.

ABC seems to be weird by the fact that they’ve only given The Good Doctor shorter seasons thus far and have more or less wasted the rest of the timeslot on some failure this and the previous season. I do not get why such a thing keeps happening over and over again.


Well, that’s all that I can think of for this post. I don’t know if there’s much to say in things like this or not. All I know is that I should probably keep writing something and hope that others care about it and like what I write. We’ll see if I discontinue any posts like this in the future or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment