Monday, June 24, 2019

Batwoman Wishlist

Sometimes I write a post very quickly when I feel that I need to write a post and don't have much time to do much else. But I know that since there is a new show in Arrowverse about to start later this year, it makes sense for me to write a post about it. This show is about Kate Kane or Batwoman. I know some details about what will happen and figure that I might as well write some of what I want to happen in the show. Here is my wishlist for the series.

  1. Harley Quinn should be a villain of a season or at least make an appearance once.
  2. There should be flashbacks delving more into Kate and Bruce's early relationship. Just don't overdo the whole flashback angle like you did in Arrow as that was annoying.
  3. Penguin should make at least one appearance.
  4. Poison Ivy should be another villain of a season.
  5. While I know this is a given, they should explain more of why Bruce is missing.
  6. Siren X should make a guest appearance once after the first half of the season is over.
  7. Do a minor crossover of sorts with Supergirl.
  8. Explain what happened with Batman's sidekicks, if they were used by this version of him.
  9. The Riddler should also make an appearance at one point.
  10. It wouldn't hurt if you can to include a cameo every now and then from the cast of Gotham.
  11. While you're at it, you could put the show of Gotham as one of the earths on this show, but only if you want to.
  12. Catwoman has to appear as a frienemy of Kate from time to time.
  13. While you could make Kate a female Batman, it would be good to make her different in some ways too. I don't know what she was like in the comics and am not sure that I care too much how close her character in the show is like her comic counterpoint. But I don't think most of us just want to see her do all of the same things that Batman typically does. There needs to be some differences.
  14. Don't tie her down with a love interest. At least, don't include a major one right away as it could distract from other, more important story lines that you could do instead. I don't even know if Kate has any love interests in the comics or if she's more of a loner most of the time like Bruce is.

No comments:

Post a Comment