Sunday, August 19, 2018

What’s with the Upcoming Terrible Looking Comedies?

If nothing changes, there will be two posts for this blog on back to days in the near future. This could mean that the Sunday post will be the lesser of them and the Monday post will be the better one, since if you know me through facebook, then you might know the strange order of how blogs are posted to my personal page. I only share the most recent post of any blog so thank you for actually reading all of these posts that you do if you don’t read the other ones. Just know that you will never get the fullness of all of this or any of my blogs if you rely on facebook for it. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Let’s get to this post, shall we?

There are times when the shows that you see promos for look bad. Often, it means that the show in question will be bad. Other times, it means that the promos suck and the show is good. But you can never know for sure. You see, there are many comedies coming out in fall 2018 and if I’ve seen a promo for it, then it looks bad. I don’t recall this happening before. But let’s get to a rundown of these as I do my first ever post about current events in television that I’m wanting to do.

The Cool Kids: Let me get this straight- This is a show about older people acting like they used to when they were in school. And why would this be a good idea for a show? I don’t get it. Plus, I don’t want to sound discriminatory, but do people even care about shows regarding older people? I’ve never seen them and can only assume that people wouldn’t be interested in it.

Rel: I don’t know that much about the show, but it doesn’t seem like a good idea and I don’t think that it would last as a result. I can’t exactly skip this when I have seen the promo for it and it wasn’t that good of an impression on me.

The Neighborhood: This is probably the least bad looking out of all of them and could be good. But all of the promos just make it seem lame in some way, shape, or form. Good and notable actors are often wasted in bad roles because there is just no way that they can save bad writing.

Happy Together: I’ll admit, at least this seems way better than Two and a Half Men was. That was the only notable show that I can think of relating to a musician. But it seems like such a dumb premise that I might be surprised if it lasts that long.

The Kids are Alright: The less revealed in a promo, the less good the show will probably be. Troublesome kids are often not a good recurring plot on a show and while I have watched those shows in the past, I do not know if there can be too many of them or not. There’s a reason that a show like Outnumbered wasn’t ordered as a series and only a pilot of it was made.

Single Parents: Often, the shows that aired after Modern Family often wouldn’t last, weren’t any good, or both. This show looks downright awful. Who cares if you haven’t had sex in a long time? I’m 27 and still haven’t had it. This show could have done some good in terms of a common occurrence, but, to me, it seems like they are more mocking these types of people than doing comical aspects that happen with all types of parenting and not just single parents.


And that is it: my thoughts on why all of these comedies I’ve seen promos for look bad. Will any of them last? I still think that Black-ish sucks horribly and it remains on the air. We’ll see how long any of these will last. Maybe they’ll all be short lived or maybe only one will be pulled in the end. But it seems just downright weird that they are all happening at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment