Saturday, July 7, 2018

Saturdays in Primetime Version 2

Well, it is time for the next set of reviews for Saturday shows. I will not do the note that these are both new reviews as I can just mention that here. It could be a while before you see a lot of new reviews in the future outside of summer shows and those of cancelled shows. I don’t know what will happen with this blog and hope that I can write what I want to in the future. Enjoy this post then of the two summer burn offs that CBS are doing this summer of cancelled shows.

Me, Myself, and I: Status- Currently on CBS at 8/7 Central on Saturdays. Why I’ve seen it- I normally always watch a CBS show at least once. Description- This is the story of a person’s life at three different stages, old, middle aged, and young. Notable People- Bobby Monahan from Saturday Night Live plays the middle version of the main character. Pros- It is different and works. Cons- I think that its main flaw is presenting itself as a comedy when it would work better as a drama. Note to Parents- There were the usual problems with it, but not too much wrong with it. Recommendation- I’d watch what remains of this while you can. My Viewing Habits- Due to issues with watching multiple things at once, I gave this up for a while until the issue was resolved. I plan to see the end of it, but might miss a lot of it due to when it airs now. Prediction- It is ending soon. Reception: mixed. Grade: C.


Living Biblically- Status- Currently on CBS at 9/8 Central on Saturdays. Why I’ve seen it- I like to watch most CBS shows at least once. Noteworthiness- This is based off of a real life book that a real person once did. Description- A man decides to live his life according to the bible, much to the chagrin of everyone who knows him. Pros- I’m glad that it wasn’t trying to make Christianity look bad. The man is trying to be a better person in this and uses the bible as a basis. Cons- The show didn’t work well as it wasn’t funny and they failed in their mission to make religion look good. Note to Parents- This might work well in terms of what is good and isn’t, although it can be hard to tell based on just the one episode of it that I saw. Recommendation- I’d pass on this. My Viewing Habits- I only saw this once and wasn’t interested in seeing it again. Prediction- This will end after they finish airing the rest of what they made of this. Reception: mixed to negative. Grade: D.

No comments:

Post a Comment