Saturday, July 28, 2018

Planned Viewing Habits: Fall of 2018

I haven’t yet told you about what I plan to do regarding primetime in the upcoming fall season. I might as well tell you about that in this post before the season starts. We’ll see what all happens and you’ll find out in reviews whether or not I could stick to the plan or not.

Before I continue with this, know that work affects what I will be able to watch on TV. I have missed a lot of shows as a result of work. I’m okay with that. Don’t ever think that I would complain about having a job just because it can interfere with my work schedule. But it does mean that I might not watch as much as I could have in the past before I started working nights.

I’m also unsure of what could change with what all I watch. I could give up shows in the future. I could start watching shows that I haven’t seen before. There could be a schedule change and what I would have seen before, I wouldn’t be able to anymore.

Let’s talk about what I like that isn’t on until midseason. ABC isn’t showing Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or For the People until later in the season. CBS isn’t showing Elementary, Instinct, or Ransom until later in the season. The CW isn’t showing iZombie or Jane the Virgin until later in the season. FOX isn’t airing Gotham or The Orville until later in the season. NBC isn’t airing Brooklyn Nine-Nine or Ellen’s Game of Games until later in the season.

There are some returning wild cards as I call them going into this season. This basically means that I don’t know what will happen regarding whether or not I watch certain shows or not. I’m probably not going to watch The Blacklist again. Since Chicago Med is now up against Survivor, I doubt that I will stay into it, even if I could watch it later online. Riverdale will continue to be complicated and I’ll stay into that if and when I can, if only because Graham Phillips is or could be in it at times. I will probably not be into American Housewife anymore since it, too, is airing against Survivor. I still have no idea if I might ever see Supernatural in the future.

Now let’s get into all of the returning shows at fall that I plan to keep watching as usual. I will keep watching the ABC shows of The Good Doctor, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Station 19, and How to Get Away with Murder. I might watch Fresh off the Boat at times. I will keep watching the CBS shows of NCIS: Los Angeles, Madam Secretary, Bull, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Survivor, SEAL Team, The Big Bang Theory, Young Sheldon, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, MacGyver, and S.W.A.T. I will see 60 Minutes for most of the time unless I decide to watch something else instead.

I will keep watching the CW shows of Supergirl, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning, The Flash, and Dynasty. I will keep watching the FOX shows of The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, The Resident, and The Gifted. I will keep watching the NBC shows of Law and Order: SVU, The Good Place, and Blindspot.

There are returning shows I might start watching for the very first time. The most notable of these will be the returning Murphy Brown. It has been off the air for a while. I don’t know what is with all these threads of revivals. I might start watching Chicago PD, but probably won’t.

Now let’s get into all of the new shows that I plan to watch. I don’t know if I will watch The Alec Baldwin show yet or not. That might be the only new show wildcard I have thus far outside of A Million Little Things, both of which are ABC shows. As for the ABC shows that I do plan on watching for sure, they are Single Parents and The Rookie. The new FOX show that I plan on watching is just Rel. I might watch some new shows only because they air with shows that I like already.

You should know by now that I plan to always watch a new CBS show at least once. Thus, I plan to watch God Friended Me, The Neighborhood, Happy Together, FBI, and Magnum P.I. While you might think that I do the same thing with CW shows, you are not entirely right about that because I will not be watching Legacies at all since it is a spin-off of a show I never watched which itself was a spin-off of a show that I used to like, but not longer cared about before it had the spin-off. What will I watch then? I will tune into Charmed and All American.

NBC has reception problems for me. If I can watch the new shows on it, I will tune into New Amsterdam and Manifest. I never ended up seeing The Brave as it was likely to be cancelled and I figured that I shouldn’t end up wasting my time with it. This could affect a lot of what I’d want to watch and be able to watch. If only trees didn’t affect my antenna. I have no idea how long the problem could last. But I have not been able to watch any of the NBC shows this summer that I would have liked to watch.


That’s all for this post outside of posting a reminder that plans can change. I may not stick to my own plan and may have no reason to do so. If I wind up not being able to watch TV at all if I wind up with a full time job that conflicts with seeing primetime. We’ll see what ends up happening in the future with any of what I do or watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment