Saturday, July 1, 2017

Planned Viewing Habits: Fall of 2017

Well, summer is here and I unwind by watching a lot less TV than I normally do. But I also await the fall TV season and all that it holds for the future. We’ll see what happens when shows air what I will be able to watch and when. Be sure to look out for different reviews in the future. But what fall shows am I planning on watching? Well, I might as well tell you.

I have no idea what might change when the schedule for the new season actually starts. NBC has already changed its schedule once and it is likely that there will be other changes in advance of the season starting to air. I don’t know if I will be able to keep watching all of what I do now. Plus, I can probably only watch three things at once even though I once had four things that I could watch at once. The second VCR that I have sadly no longer seems to be an option considering how it tried to eat a tape and especially because it isn’t able to be hooked up so that it can record shows anymore. Besides, the biggest thing to note is that these are plans and plans can wind up changing.

First, you might wonder what shows that I like won’t even be on until midseason. I’ll mention what returning shows I care about that are not yet returning. Those include Code Black, Elementary, iZombie, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Quantico, New Girl, Timeless, and Chicago Med, although that last one will be back in the late fall, if my understand is correct.

Now, let’s get to all the returning shows that I might care about. There is going to be confusion now that Riverdale and The Blacklist will compete with Survivor meaning that I’ll have to watch both of them online. But this means that I’ll be able to watch Arrow and Blindspot the way I would normally watch other shows that air at the same time as others.

I know that I will care about the ABC shows of The Middle, Fresh off the Boat, Modern Family, American Housewife, Designated Survivor, Grey’s Anatomy, and Once Upon a Time. There might be times I’ll watch To Tell the Truth, Shark Tank, and 20/20. I’ll still be watching the CBS shows of The Big Bang Theory, Kevin Can Wait, Scorpion, NCIS, Bull, NCIS: New Orleans, Survivor, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, NCIS: Los Angeles, and Madam Secretary. I know that I will watch 60 Minutes a lot as well. I’ll continue watching the CW shows of Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, and Jane the Virgin. I’ll keep watching the FOX shows of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Gotham, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and The Last Man on Earth. I’ll tune into Bob’s Burgers at times. I’m still watching the NBC shows of The Good Place, Law & Order: SVU, and Chicago Med when it returns early into the fall. These are in addition to the shows that I mentioned before.

In addition to those returning shows that I’ve watched and like, there are some other ones that I might see for the first time. Since CBS won’t be airing anything interesting on Thursdays for a while due to football airing there instead, I might watch either or both of Chicago Fire or How to Get Away with Murder. I also might see Great News at one point as I was going to see that this year until too much was airing at the same time. I also might care enough to watch Will and Grace, although I’ve never seen that much of it in the first place. Given my new interest in the CW network as a whole, I reserve the right to get into Supernatural in the future, but I don’t know if I’d want to get into it if I hadn’t seen it before and it has been on as long as it has. I also might watch The Mick since it is paired with a comedy that I like, even though that show looks terrible and I will avoid watching it as long as I can.

There are a lot of shows that I want to watch that are new. I’ll get to the only two maybes later. As usual, I’ll be planning to watch all the CBS shows once. They are Wisdom of the Crowd, Me, Myself, and I, 9JKL (which is actually written as 9JKL, but I won’t call it that), SEAL Team, Young Sheldon, and S.W.A.T. I’ll probably watch the CW show of Valor. The only new NBC show that airs at the fall that I’m interested in is The Brave. I’m planning on checking out the FOX shows on Ghosted, The Gifted, and The Orville. I’ll be tuning into the ABC shows of The Good Doctor and Inhumans. I might watch ABC’s Ten Days in the Valley, but I’m just not sure if I will since I’d rather not have conflicts with Madam Secretary since it would be easier for that blog. I also don’t know if I’ll watch the CW’s Dynasty, although I will check it out if SEAL Team doesn’t last or is something I don’t like. Too many shows I already care about will air against Dynasty, although I don’t think I care enough about it anyways.


Well, that’s it for this blog post. I don’t have much else to add or say except for this random tag at the end. Plans can change and you’ll see in the blog what new shows I do wind up reviewing in the future. I guess that you’ll have to stay tuned for what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment