Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Look Back at my 2016-2017 Fantasy Schedule

When I made up a schedule of how I thought TV would look in the upcoming season of TV, I was sure to make some interesting predictions. Did any of them come true? Well, let’s find out as I look back. I know that I had no idea what all would be changed around, but did I get other predictions right? Let’s look back at them now.

ABC: What I got right- I was right when I thought that Shark Tank would move to Sundays. I was right thinking that a new comedy would air at 8:30 Central. I was right thinking that American Crime, Secrets & Lies, The Real O’Neals, and Imaginary Mary would all get cancelled.

ABC: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that anything new would air on Sundays. I was wrong thinking that Last Man Standing or Dr. Ken would get renewed. I was wrong thinking that Ten Days in the Valley would air during the summer. I was wrong thinking that BattleBots would return this summer. I was wrong thinking that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Quantico, and The Toy Box would all get cancelled.

CBS: What I got right- I was right thinking that Instinct would be picked up as a series. I was right thinking that a new comedy would air at 7:30 on Mondays. I was right thinking that Young Sheldon would air after The Big Bang Theory on Thursdays. I was also right thinking that it would be picked up as a series. I was right thinking that The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, and Code Black would all air at midseason. I was right thinking that 2 Broke Girls, Ransom, and The Odd Couple would all be cancelled.

CBS: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, The Great Indoors, and Hunted would all get renewed. I was wrong thinking that NCIS: New Orleans and Bull would switch timeslots. I was wrong thinking that Mom would air at midseason. I was wrong thinking that Man with a Plan would air during the fall as usual. I was wrong thinking that Elementary would get cancelled.

CW: What I got right- I was right thinking that Jane the Virgin would move to Fridays. I was right thinking that Riverdale would move to Wednesdays. I was right thinking that Legends of Tomorrow would air after The Flash on Tuesdays. I was right thinking that a new show would air after Supergirl on Mondays. I was right thinking that The 100, iZombie, and at least one new show would air at midseason.

CW: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend would air at midseason. I was wrong thinking that The Originals would air during the fall. I was wrong thinking that a new show would air on Thursdays during the fall.

FOX: What I got right- I was right thinking that The Resident would get picked up as a series. I was right thinking that Sleepy Hollow, Making History, Scream Queens, Pitch, APB, Rosewood, Son of Zorn, Kicking & Screaming, You the Jury, and Shots Fired would all get cancelled.

FOX: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that 24: Legacy, Prison Break, and Wayward Pines would get renewed. I was wrong thinking that Controversy would get picked up as a series. I think that The Orville is an hour long show where I had it as a half-hour show. I was wrong thinking that Star would air at midseason. I was wrong thinking that The Resident would air during the fall. I was wrong thinking that New Girl and The Exorcist would get cancelled.

NBC: What I got right- I was right thinking that a new show would air after The Voice. I was right thinking that Shades of Blue and Little Big Shots would air at midseason. I was right thinking that The Blacklist: Redemption, Emerald City, Powerless, and First Dates would all get cancelled.

NBC: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that Trial & Error, Taken, and Great News would all get cancelled. I was wrong thinking that Law & Order: True Crime would air at some point during the summer. I was wrong thinking that The Biggest Loser, The Celebrity Apprentice, and Chicago Justice would return for future seasons.


Well, that’s all for this blog post. There is a lot more that I could have mentioned regarding the previous post that I haven’t mentioned in this post as I felt that it wasn’t relevant in one way or another. Be sure to check the archive if you care to know more about what I did then.

No comments:

Post a Comment