Sunday, October 30, 2022

A Look Back at the 2020-2021 Fantasy Schedule

With the 2022-2023 TV season ongoing, you might be wondering why this post has taken so long. Well, I feel that this follow up was a long time coming and should have been done back when it would have made more sense. But I got only the title of this written for quite some time. Now, I’m finally doing this look back of the currently most recent fantasy schedule that I have done. I could have done more or better if only it wasn’t so confusing due to the pandemic. And since I’m not doing look backs on my cancellation predictions again (I found them too bad in a way), then I might as well cover this from time to time in the event that I actually do it. Anyways, let’s get to this post.

 

ABC: What I got right- I was right thinking that America’s Funniest Home Videos, The Rookie, Dancing with the Stars, The Goldbergs, For Life, all of TGIT, Shark Tank, and 20/20 would all air at the times that they did, even if some didn’t start until November with other stuff filling in until it was ready. I was right thinking that some of the summer shows would be Don’t, United We Fall, and Primetime: What Would You Do? I was also right thinking that Don’t and United We Fall wouldn’t last. I was right thinking that The Bachelorette would air at the fall. I was right thinking that Emergence, Kids Say the Darnest Things, The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart, and Stumptown would all get cancelled although it did seem like Stumptown was going to come back at one point before it didn’t.

 

ABC: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that The Bachelor Summer Games, Videos after Dark, and Generation Gap would even air that season. Only one of those ever aired in the future. I got a lot of timeslots wrong, especially with the comedy shows. I thought a lot of what did return would return much sooner than it ultimately did. I was wrong thinking that The Baker and the Beauty, Schooled, Single Parents, or The Great American Baking Show would return as all of them were cancelled. I was wrong predicting the cancellation of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

 

CBS: What I got right- I got maybe about half of the timeslots right, not factoring in the delay in the fall season. I got a lot of the obvious renewals right. I was right thinking that midseason would have a new comedy and two new dramas.

 

CBS: What I got wrong- I got a lot of the renewal predictions wrong as the shows of God Friended Me, Broke, Carol’s Second Act, Man with a Plan, and Tommy were all shows that I thought would stay around and be part of this season while none of them were. I was wrong to think that Survivor would be at midseason or that a new should would take its place in the fall. I don’t know what I was thinking by putting Bull as cancelled.

 

CW: What I got right- I was right to think that Hypnotize Me would be cancelled, although I’m certain that they have yet to make that official. If I knew when shows would start by thinking that it wouldn’t be until later in the season, then I would have gotten a lot of the timeslots right. I was right in thinking that Supernatural would air its final season and episodes during the fall. I was also right to think that Walker would be delayed until midseason. I got my prediction of the upcoming season of Supergirl being the last one correct.

 

CW: What I got wrong- I had no idea that most of the regular shows wouldn’t air until the fall. I also did not know a lot of the timeslots right even if you did factor in the long delay of when a lot of those shows were actually starting and scheduled in the end.

 

FOX: What I got right- I got the entire prediction of Sundays correct. I thought that I Can See Your Voice would be on at the fall and was right about that. I was right thinking that Call me Kat, 9-1-1: Lone Star, and Last Man Standing would all be at midseason.

 

FOX: What I got wrong- I was wrong predicting the renewal of   Gordon Ramsey’s 24 Hours to Hell and Back. I was wrong thinking that he would have a new show this season. I was wrong thinking that The Great North would be cancelled. I also thought a lot of the new fall should would instead air earlier during the summer.

 

NBC: What I got right- I was right thinking that the Monday slot after The Voice would bring doom to what aired there as Debris was cancelled and even Small Fortune didn’t last despite it not even being on after The Voice, just in that same timeslot. I was right thinking that Kenan, Young Rock, Law and Order: Organized Crime, and Manifest would all air at midseason. I got a good chunk of the cancellation predictions correct with me not knowing what all would be known.

 

NBC: What I got wrong- I was wrong thinking that whatever aired after The Voice on Mondays would be cancelled as it was brought back. I was wrong thinking that Jeffries would ever air. I got the name of Law and Order: Organized Crime wrong. I got some of the returning shows wrong as they were cancelled instead of being brought back.

 

And that’s pretty much all of this post. I can’t think of too much else to say outside of doing the usual milking as much random things that I can think of saying the ensure that the closing of this blog, as in the last paragraph of it, has at least three lines in it. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for. You can go about your business. Move along. Move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment