Saturday, October 9, 2021

Fall Shows 2021 Part 1

Well, I’m doing links to other blogs in this post like I often do. I often try to post the reviews of shows in this blog first before putting it in other blogs. But this isn’t always the case. This includes both the new shows which reviews are done differently like you see in these posts on new shows and the ones on days of the week or other things like that. Anyways, let’s get to the review.

 

Ordinary Joe: Show Description- We see three different timelines of the life of one man. It is not that much of a supernatural or science fiction show as it is a regular show done with parallel timelines at once. Behind the Scenes- This has Adam Rodriguez from CSI: Miami, among other things. This is based on something called The Format. This was originally written as a pilot back in 2006 before being revived. It was also delayed due to covid related shutdowns such as the originally filming and airing of the show in question. My Thoughts- The show is pretty interesting and it seems simple enough to keep the three timelines separate. It can be confusing at times, but I like it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might not last. Where to Find- On NBC at 10/9 Central on Mondays

 

Our Kind of People: Show Description- I’m not sure what it is about. It seems to be a drama about black people who are related, but isn’t set in the music industry like Empire was with it focusing more on familial relationships and less on professional. Behind the Scenes- La, la, la, la, singing in the mudo. My Thoughts- This show was pretty much like strange soap opera that isn’t very interesting. It’s boring and not worth keeping up with. Too much of this is cliché. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It seems likely to fail right now. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

 

The Big Leap: Show Description- This is a drama about people who want to be on a dancing reality show with all of the other things going on in their lives. Behind the Scenes- This has Scott Foley from The Unit and Scandal among other shows. My Thoughts- This show is very dumb and pointless, seeking to mock what most people think the reality show business is like and not offering anything good. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to fail. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

 

CSI: Vegas: Show Description- This is a continuation of the original CSI, largely focusing on a new team, but also bringing back people from the original team returning. Behind the Scenes- This has a lot of the original cast returning, including William Petersen, Jorja Fox, and Wallace Langham. It is also created by the same franchise creator as the four previous shows, Anthony E Zuiker. My Thoughts- I felt that this was quite a good show and worth keeping up with. Long Term Prospects- I don’t know if this is going to last now. You’d think that it would, but the main thing against it right now is whether or not it is just a short term plan in the end. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Wednesdays

 

NCIS: Hawai’i: Show Description- An NCIS team investigates cases in Hawaii. Behind the Scenes- This is a spin-off of the NCIS series, the fourth one in the franchise to bare that name. My Thoughts- This show is pretty good and keeps everything that you’d expect from the franchise. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This seems likely to last for now. It will probably last at least 100 episodes. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Mondays

 

FBI: International: Show Description- An FBI team investigates cases internationally. Behind the Scenes- This is the third series in the FBI franchise of TV shows. My Thoughts- I like what I’ve seen of it thus far, but I will need to see more over time. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It seems likely to last for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

 

La Brea: Show Description- A sinkhole appears in LA, but it appears to be in an wormhole to the past. This causes a man who has visions to seek for the people in the sinkhole to prove that they are alive as people seek to figure out what’s going on. Behind the Scenes- You can go about your business. Move along. Move along. My Thoughts- While this has the risk of showing typical science fiction clichés, I think that it is quite interesting and worth keeping up with as long as it lasts on TV. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I think that this will last for now. We’ll see if it lasts longer and keeps up the good ratings that it currently has. Where to Find- On NBC at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

 

Alter Ego: Show Description- Ordinary people compete as CGI alter egos in a singing competition of sorts. Behind the Scenes- This has singer Nick Lachey as a panelist. My Thoughts- It seems nothing more than a take on The Masked Singer but with gimmicks making them ordinary people instead. If you like your typical singing show, you would like this. Otherwise, if you are like me, then this isn’t worth your time in the end. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea if this will last or not, but currently don’t have high hopes for it lasting that long. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment