Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Writers Doing Multiple Shows at Once

When it comes to certain shows and how they work, there comes to be a simple thing with them where we have one writer doing all sorts of shows at once instead of just one. You’d think that one could find as much work as possible even as a writer. Perhaps showrunners (or head writers) are the best known for doing this throughout time. But I thought that I would cover this.

One can easily do multiple shows, but you’d think that it would take a really dedicated person to do so much at once. You’d have to keep the shows straight as you write one show versus another. One of the names that I’ve seen show up on multiple shows was Dawn DeNoon who has written for both SVU and The Blacklist. Of course, one of the most well known examples of people who do this are actually those who create a show, often the showrunners.

That’s not to say that one who creates a show is always the showrunner, but they are typically always involved with the writing process of the show even if they aren’t the main writer of it anymore. I know some people that I had two shows at once. They are people like Gary Glasberg or Shonda Rhimes. Back when Firefly was on the air, Joss Whedon, its creator, was also doing both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel too, making it three shows at once. It can be hard work, but it was something that he was more than willing to do.

I could include producers in here, but I won’t as they are able to do scores of shows at once and not just a few. It is a lot of work that people do in Hollywood which can be quite hard to do, yet they do it and they give us the TV that they want to make or someone makes.

If I were in Hollywood, would I do multiple shows at once? Well, it would depend on a lot of things. I’d rather write reviews about TV shows then write for TV myself at least nowadays. I could get paid for doing something like this blog but professionally and actually getting money for it. I don’t now but would like to do as much work as possible. They may want as many jobs as possible and are able to do all that they need to get it done. I can understand it.

That’s about it for this post. Some writers do multiple shows at once because they can and that is what works for them. I am still writing as many blogs as possible at once, even though I’m getting no money for them at all. I can understand liking to write and wanting to write. So I’m glad that they can do as much at once even still today.

No comments:

Post a Comment