Thursday, July 23, 2020

Top Ten Episodes of Arrow

I have potential good news or bad news depending on how you look at things. This will be my last top ten on the show Arrow. I’ve run out of topics to include or otherwise have and this is nearing the end of the whole interest of stuff that I need to cover anyways. I’m going to mention what I feel the ten best episodes of Arrow are from all eight seasons. I could cover the worst ten, but don’t feel like it and am not even sure that I have enough for that list. Plus, I'm not sure that I can remember them at all. Also, I'd do that before the top ten, probably.

Note that while I’m doing as much as I can to make things equal by including at least one episode from all of this show’s seasons, note that there will be a lack of season 2 or 3 episodes since I haven’t seen any of them. Every other season, no matter how bad or good, will get at least one episode from each other season on the list.

#10 Pilot- I figure that I kind of the premiere of the show might be the best way of starting this list. Also, I had no idea what else was even remotely close from the first season to being on this list. In a way, it has to work as it ended up launching the franchise indirectly at some point. Thus, there really is no better episode in my mind (since I didn’t even see all of it) to make the top ten from the first season of this show. What better way to introduce Oliver Queen to the world?

#9 Schism- The fourth season finale, it was nice to see Oliver lead even while dealing with both sides of himself. I loved seeing the death of Damien Dark, even if Arrowverse made more use of him for a while on Legends of Tomorrow. It dealt with both sides of Oliver and was a good way of dealing with him as they set up the next season.

#8 Fadeout- While I did have some issues with the series finale, mainly the sappy return of some of those that they killed off throughout the series, I did like how they closed off the series outside of what we might see from other shows in the franchise. We saw Team Arrow’s last mission and the funeral of Oliver after his death in the crisis. I only hope that we see the continued adventures of his daughter and her allies in the future due to what happened in the episode before it.

#7 Taken- Another fourth season episode, we saw more of the fallout from Oliver having a kid in the past when the big bad of the season kidnapped this child and lead to an interesting episode. We saw what could have been the downfall of that villain as he wound up losing his powers for a while due to the events of this episode. I like all that happened in it, especially Damien's downfall, however temporary it was.

#6 Lost Canary- Focusing on Laurel (or was it Yanni?) after Emiko framed her for crimes, she struggled with her darkness and trying to be good when everyone thought otherwise. It was fun to see her team up with her sort of sister Sarah and others proving her innocence.

#5 Emerald Archer- This episode focused on a documentary on vigilantism, with many familiar faces from the past and other Arrowverse shows showing up. It tied in well with the events of the episode and helped move the show forward in a way it never would have before.

#4 Invasion- Part of a crossover event, we saw an epic landmark Arrow episode and part of one of the best crossovers thus far in all of Arrowverse. Full of faces from the past while moving the show forward, it was wonderful seeing all of the people deal with the simulation and move forward in their fight against the dominators.

#3 Lian Yu- The downfall of Adrian Chase, by his own hand, no less, was quite interesting as we saw the culmination of Oliver’s time on the island come to an end while explosions left the fate of many up in the air. It was the end of an arc in some way as the show continued forward in new ways.

#2 The Slabside Redemption- With Oliver in jail and ready to come out, there still had to be a story with it that was reminiscent of Die Hard in a way to me, despite it being named for a prison movie instead. I felt that it was a great episode and a great way of ending the prison storyline.

#1 Life Sentence- My favorite of all the episodes, we saw a dramatic twist towards the end with Oliver revealing his true identity to everyone and saving his teammates as a result. He saves his teammates in the end and we saw other great things in the episode too, such as Quinten’s sacrifice.

That’s it for this blog post. I will be doing another Arrowverse post during the offseason, but have a lot of other posts to write. I have started to switch the Thursday updates between this blog and my one on Madam Secretary so that is why this blog wasn’t updated last week at its usual time. I need to do the summer shows post in addition to the awards for the worst of television. Hopefully I can get more of the cancelled shows done to cover that as well and another notable post has been missing much longer than it should have been. I can only hope that they will all be done at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment