Thursday, July 9, 2020

My Planned Viewing Habits: Fall of 2020

It may seem a bit early to do this post, but I figured that I might as well do it and hope that the schedule that was announced winds up being made in the end after all. If not, I guess I’ll just have to see what else might be different in the future. Remember that the plan may not end up happening after all due to various reasons that could change. I mean, I thought that I would be seeing more at first this last season, but couldn’t for a while due to work.

Speaking of work, I don’t know yet how it might end up affecting shows. I don’t have anything that would conflict with the usual primetime shows in terms of work now, but that could change. Just know that if nothing I care about is on at certain times on Mondays or Thursdays, I might skip the usual shows that I normally watch or check out at times if I had the whole night to myself.

Also note that there are some unusual schedule changes that are happening because of coronavirus that causes lots of differences and could mean that there might not even be something on at all like they think that they can do and are planning. The CW is the only one openly doing something unusual, but FOX is also withholding a lot of its notable shows for later as well.

Since a lot of what I do requires a TV tuner to record shows, note that spectrum reallocation has made that difficult for me. After losing my FOX affiliate due to this, I could get it back on most channels, but had issues getting it back on my TV tuner. Thus, I went without it at times I normally wouldn’t have in the past. Only having one network affected by this isn’t that big a problem, but now the same thing took away my preferred CW channel that actually comes in most of the time, unlike the other one I get which is often quite a problem. I can only hope that I can get the new versions of these channels in the future and not lose any other channels in the process. It can be annoying going without a channel.

Speaking of that, there were NBC problems like I never had before when it came to this previous TV season since I couldn’t see most, if any, of the shows that I cared about at the time. I haven’t yet given up on any of them for good yet, but probably don’t care about it as much as I could. I do want to see the shows on this network when and if I can, but might not in the end.

Now let’s get to the stuff I care about not on at fall. The FOX shows of 9-1-1, The Resident, 9-1-1: Lone Star, Lego Masters, and Prodigal Son are not on the schedule then. I don’t think that Lego Masters will be coming back, although maybe it will be. The CW will not be airing Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, The Flash, Black Lightning, Dynasty, Nancy Drew, Charmed, or Roswell, New Mexico for quite some time and might be giving a lot of them shorter seasons than usual. CBS isn’t planning to put S.W.A.T. on during the fall right now. Any other schedule changes, I’m not sure that I care about.

There might be potential wildcards with what I watch, or maybe not. Maybe I won’t be into something that I normally am or suddenly get into something that I wasn’t expecting to in the future. The most notable thing that I can think of would relate to if Survivor isn’t on. If it isn’t on when it is currently set to, then I would probably check on the FOX show of The Masked Singer and the CW show of Devils. I am set to watch Devils once online regardless of if I need to in the end or not.

Now let’s get to the returning shows I’m still into. I’ll be watching Pandora and The Outpost on The CW. I might check out their other shows like Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Masters of Illusion, and Whose Line is it Anyways? I don’t care about them as much so I might ignore them as a result. I’ll still watch the FOX shows of The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, and Family Guy, which I’m realizing is all of the shows that I care about that they will air during the fall.

I’ll still watch the CBS shows of NCIS: Los Angeles, Bull, All Rise, NCIS: New Orleans, FBI, NCIS, Survivor, FBI: Most Wanted, Young Sheldon, Evil, MacGyver, Blue Bloods, 60 Minutes, and Magnum P.I. I have gotten back into SEAL Team and may watch it some more since it seems like nothing else I care about is on at that time. I am still watching the ABC shows of The Rookie, The Good Doctor, Grey’s Anatomy, American Housewife, and Station 19. I plan to watch the NBC shows of New Amsterdam, SVU, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Manifest.

Now for all of the new shows that I’m going to check out, I realize that for the first time ever, I will be seeing every new show on all of the networks. I have it set up now that I watch all or nearly all of the new shows on FOX, CBS, and the CW. I also check out at least one new fall show on NBC and ABC. The last two are only airing one new show each. NBC will be airing Law and Order: Organized Crime. ABC will be airing Big Sky. I plan to check out both.

Meanwhile, the new or newly airing shows on the CW are Devils, Coroner, World’s Funniest Animals, Swamp Thing, and Tell Me a Story. The new CBS shows are The Equalizer and B Positive. The new FOX shows are Cosmos: Possible Worlds, Filthy Rich, Next, and LA’s Finest.


That’s pretty much all that I can think of mentioning for this post. We’ll see if any of these shows go back into production like they are planning in time to make all that they want to. Plans can be awesome. All you need to do is stick to them. I’m looking forward to these shows (maybe, I may not like a lot of them in the end) and hope that they all air normally in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment