Monday, March 23, 2020

The Ten Worst Villains of Arrow

If you had seen Arrow over the course of the show, you might have found some villains to be worse than other ones of theirs. Some of them were not good in the way that they were supposed to be. I thought that will all the villains of this show, I would go through which ten I felt were the worst and why.

Note that I had not seen a lot of the show so this list may contain some notable omissions as a result of the lack of knowledge that I have as a result. Also note that criteria important to this is that I won’t be including villains turned heroes or even anti-heroes as I plan to stick with those that were villains all the way through. I might focus on anti-heroes in a future blog post, but only the good ones. Now, let’s get to the worst villains of Arrow and why I think that about them.

#10 Evelyn Sharp- A woman who betrayed Team Arrow, she didn’t really do as much as she could have as a villain outside of causing few damages here and there, but she left little impact on the show even if she was a major part of season 5 for a while.

#9 Beatrice- She was very forgettable as a villain and didn’t really have much to offer on the show. I mean, who was she really? She didn’t do much and it was hard for me to remember who she even was in the show when I was looking at various villains of Arrow.

#8 Jerry Bertinelli- Outside of being part of a crime family, he never did much and didn’t leave a mark that was notable in any way on the show. He was boring and had never little to offer the show in terms of being a good villain. What do you recall him doing?

#7 Cyrus Broderick- Again, we get to a very boring and forgettable villain that never did much on the show in terms of making a mark or getting stuff done. With little influence on the show, it only seemed worthy that he be on this list.

#6 Emiko Adachi- Despite being a big bad, she was very poorly done and was hardly did much that had any major influence one way or the other in the show. She had little mark on even the second half of the season outside of killing the previous big bad, but she never had many accomplishments and seemed like she was only jealous of her brother while doing very little outside of what major villains did instead and having small marks on what she did.

#5 Damien Darhk- He seemed like he would have been better playing a Sith lord, but didn’t really seem like that engaging of a character as he seemed kind of bad, but wasn’t someone that I hated for any of the right reasons. I didn’t have the same hatred of him when he was on Legends of Tomorrow, but I do wish that he could have been done better.

#4 Ricardo Diaz- I think that part of the reason why I didn’t like him was that he seemed bad at the way he acted on this show, whoever played this character. I couldn’t get into a person that seemed like he was too loud and engaged more than he could have been. Simply not being as good an actor made this character one I didn’t like and I especially didn’t like how he replaced a far better villain nearly halfway through the season in question or lasted longer than he should have.

#3 Tobias Church- Outside of being part of Adrian’s team, he didn’t really seem like he did much and I wasn’t even sure this was an Arrow character as I thought he might have been on Black Lightning. All he really did was try to kill Oliver and get killed by a more overzealous villain as a result.

#2 Sheck- Again, this person was very forgettable and he offered very little on the show outside of being part of a bigger group of villains, but not really doing much as a villain. What all did he do? I can’t think of much influence that he had on the show.

#1 Talon- You might not remember who this person is or what he did. That’s exactly why I have him as the worst villain of this show. He was more or less a one-off throwaway character who was part of a team that had more influence than he ever did. He did little to nothing and is the worst villain of this show in my mind as a result. Do you know what he did cause I don't.


I hope to be back next month or sometime with the best villains of Arrow. I might also cover the heroes of this show that I enjoyed most and even the anti-heroes which might cover the shady heroes, those who were both villains and heroes, or just anyone who could have come close to skirting both sides of this show in a notable enough way. I don’t know if I’ll do the worst heroes of this show and probably won’t do the worst anti-heroes either. I just hope to be back with something interesting when I get to doing more posts of this blog in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment