Monday, December 30, 2019

My Planned Viewing Habits: Midseason 2020

As usual, the television world keeps changing and I am trying my best to keep up. I will now tell you my plan for what I’ll be watching at midseason in 2020 once it starts next year. I’ll also keep track of more of the usual stuff going on with what the plans are. We’ll see if I stick with them or not.

Right before the fall schedule premiered, I started a job that limited the amount of primetime that I could watch and that changed what happened with my TV watching. I am largely not into Dynasty as a result of this change since I won’t be able to watch or record it most of the time for now. While I was unable to watch a lot of Monday shows for a while until my work schedule changed, I did see some of Dancing with the Stars online, but didn’t see much of that.

Part of my reason for not watching more than one episode of Bluff City Law was because of work. While Wednesdays are more open for me now, I decided not to return to SEAL Team, watch Almost Family more than one, or stay into Riverdale, which I was only watching online anyways. This job will mean not seeing any of the primetime shows that might be on Fridays after 8.

Now let’s start with the returning shows I’m still watching that were on at the fall and will still be on at midseason. They are the CBS shows of 60 Minutes, God Friended Me, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, NCIS, FBI, Bull, Survivor, S.W.A.T., Young Sheldon, Hawaii Five-0, Magnum P.I., and Blue Bloods, the CW shows of Supergirl, Black Lightning, The Flash, Charmed, and Dynasty, the FOX shows of The Simpsons, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, 9-1-1, and The Resident, the NBC shows of The Good Place, New Amsterdam, and SVU, and the ABC shows of The Good Doctor, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, American Housewife, and Fresh off the Boat. I plan to return to The Rookie now that Madam Secretary is over.

Let’s continue with me talking about the new shows I’m still watching that are still on at midseason. They are Carol’s Second Act, All Rise, and Evil on CBS, Batwoman and Nancy Drew on the CW, Prodigal Son on FOX, and Emergence on ABC. Until Survivor returns, I plan to watch The Goldbergs and Schooled on ABC as well. Now not all of those shows will be on all of midseason, in case you are wondering.

Now let’s get to the shows I’m still into that are not on at midseason. Arrow will be ending and Madam Secretary is already over now. Other than that, I’m not really sure of any shows that won’t be back at some point that I’m not already into.

Also worth keeping track of are there new midseason shows I plan to watch at least once. They are Council of Dads on NBC, For Life on ABC, Generation Gap on ABC, FBI: Most Wanted on CBS, Flirty Dancing on FOX, 9-1-1: Lone Star on FOX, Deputy on FOX, Duncanville on FOX, Filthy Rich on FOX, The Great North on FOX, NeXt on FOX, Outmatched on FOX, Katy Keene on the CW, Stargirl on the CW, Broke on CBS, and Tommy on CBS.

The returning shows coming back at midseason that I’m still watching are the shows Manifest, Legends of Tomorrow, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, MacGyver, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Station 19, Match Game, Burden of Truth, Blindspot, and Roswell, New Mexico.

The fall shows that I didn’t stick with or didn’t see anyways were Perfect Harmony, Sunnyside, Bless the Harts, Bob hearts Abishola, and The Unicorn. The first two, I never wound up seeing despite having a faint interest in them. The other three, I only watched once and decided that I wasn’t interested in ever seeing either of them again.

I’ve been having reception problems on NBC and have seen little to nothing from it this season. I do not know if it will come back long term or not. I might have to give up on it as a network. We’ll see what goes on. I don’t care enough to watch it elsewhere and am not sure that my local affiliate will be able to fix the problem if I told them about it anyways. I’ve had these issues for a while anyways.


As I finish writing this post, I’d like to say the usual reminder of how this is just a plan and plans could always change in the future. Maybe I’ll have a job that conflicts will all of primetime or maybe I won’t be able to see what I originally wanted to. I don’t even know for sure what all might air when. Some might not be back on until the summer. All I know is that I hope to see most of these shows once.

No comments:

Post a Comment