Monday, October 15, 2018

Back to School Commercials 2018

With all of the horrible length of time that all these political commercials were on the air, these seemed like barely a blimp on the radar compared to other things that were on the air. I may never count all of the political commercials. But it might be one of the many reasons why the numbers this year are much lower than in the past. Of course, I’ve been missing a lot with my new(ish) job so that might be what is going on to. Before I get to the reminder of the count from previous years, let’s get to other things that I think I should explain.

You will see the ~ sign at some points in this post. This means that I’m not entirely sure of the number at that point and can only be certain that it is something close to it. I’m sure of the total number of all of these commercials each year. It was hard to get the exact change of the month down. Just know that if I have a number that I know for sure is higher than any of the numbers mentioned, I will be taking out some of these past numbers that I’m unsure of.

In 2014, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 1. The official count before August is 48. The official count before September is 158. The official total of the whole year is 170. In 2015, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 0. The official count before August is 44. The official count before September is 125. The official total of the whole year is 136.

In 2016, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 1. The official count before August is ~61. The official count before September is ~261. The official total of the whole year is 286. In 2017, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 0. The official count before August is ~68. The official count before September is 219. The official total of the whole year is 234.

In 2018, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 0. The official count before August is ~20. The official count before September is 110. The official total of the whole year is 115.


Well, this is the lowest count across the board for all of these. Only the ones before the fourth of July isn’t broken for lowest due to the fact that you can’t get lower than zero. I’d honestly rather have over 300 back to school commercials every year than the shitload of political commercials that I’ve seen. I just hope that I don’t have to eat those words. We’ll see what happens in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment