Friday, June 8, 2018

My Planned Viewing Habits: Summer of 2018

There's not much to add to this introduction other than that this post isn't on a Saturday. You might wonder why that would be. Well, I'm going to do random days in addition to Saturdays. In case I ever miss it, then I'll let you know. And if I'm starting a new day for regular updates, I'll let you know. Now, back to the regular post from here.

Well, I’m sorry that this is later than it should be. I just hope that I can write nearly everything that I want to and I might be adding a lot of new things for the summer posts that I want to do. I don’t know what else I could wind up missing, but the usual things should happen in terms of posting.

One of the things that has changed since the last summer is that I’m working late a lot of the time. But I might have free time every night except Tuesdays and Thursdays. So you might as well not even wonder if I don’t mention much, if any, programming on those nights during the summer. I might make only one exception, although I can record things for later. I’ll mention all of the shows I want to watch and we’ll see what, if any, of them happen.

One thing that I don’t always mention are the shows from last season that I’m not watching again if I ever gave them a chance. For one, I’m not watching 48 Hours: NCIS again due to me not liking true crime shows. As for the summer shows that I didn’t like last season, those are Battle of the Network Stars and The Gong Show. Needless to say, I won’t be watching either of those again. I didn’t like Love Connection either. Those are all I can think of.

Normally during the summer schedule, I only watch one show at a time. I might end up breaking that rule this season. I don’t know for sure if I will or not. But I might see other shows at the same time at least once during the summer. Still, I’ll try to only stick with one of them or maybe switch back and forth between them. During the last season, I watched three things at one timeslot.

I still don’t know the fate of some of the summer shows from last season. I would watch American Grit, but it does not appear to be coming back. Candy Crush is probably not coming back, although I would watch it if it was. Superhuman doesn’t appear to be returning either. I don’t know what happened to Steve Harvey’s Funderdome. And CBSN: On Assignment doesn’t appear to be coming back either.

Some of the shows are affected by spillover into the main season, meaning that they started in April or just a bit later and can be claimed as a summer show at least until it ends. Supergirl is like that this time around. Elementary is also a show like that. Quantico and Code Black are like that as well. Life Sentence fell into that category as well. The Crossing fits this phenomena as it is ending later than the rest of the normal shows. Instinct also applies. And Ransom technically counts for it as well.

What I will want to do is make sure that I tune into the final seasons of any shows that I still care about if I can still watch them. I do want to see Shades of Blue. But that leads to a problem. Typically, I do not get NBC during the summer due to reception problems. If that ends up being the case, then I would only really see the last episode online. I also have reception problems with ABC from time to time and the summer is often one of those more problematic times.

You might be wondering if there are any shows with unaired episodes that I might care about this time around. If there is a burnout of the rest of Me, Myself, and I, then I would watch it. Ghosted is a show that more than likely fits that profile as well so I will watch it if and when I can.

What are all the old shows that I plan on watching again? Well, I should see To Tell the Truth, Celebrity Family Feud, The $100,000 Pyramid, Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Masters of Illusion, Salvation, Match Game, and Primetime: What Would You Do? I don’t think that I’ll be able to watch much of Whose Line is it Anyways?

There aren’t that many new summer shows that I will end up seeing. I will tune into all of the new CW shows. I’ll see My Last Days, The Outpost, and Burden of Truth. I’ll tune into the new CBS show called TKO: Total Knock Out. As for any other new summer shows, they might be starting too late for me to even know about them yet.


In closing, there’s not much else to say except that I don’t know what could happen in the future with the potential schedule changes. Other new shows could start that I’ll want to see and other shows may not last long enough for me to care. What I do know is that I will only be watching something once to see if I like it before I decide to keep watching it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment