Saturday, June 16, 2018

2018 Summer Cancellation Predictions

Here’s another part of a thing that I do from time to time. While I will get to the planned cancellation predictions in the future, I thought that I would do a sort of spin-off post of it. This will be more of a condensed thing than you’ve seen with other posts. But let’s get to my predictions of what will be done with and cancelled or otherwise not coming back this upcoming summer season.

Let’s start by picking again anything that I already picked in the main post that still could be cancelled in the end. The Bachelorette was one of them. Match Game is another. Bachelor in Paradise could be a good choice as well, although that will fall into another category. Reverie was another one mentioned in the last post and though it looks good, a lot of great science fiction shows never last. Only I might never know if the show is good or not. Making it, originally named something else, was on the last list too. And I will include The Awesome Show, even though it no longer seems to be moving forward anyways. 48 Hours: NCIS fits the mold as well.

Changed predictions: I originally had To Tell the Truth as a safe prediction. I’m going to change that now to something that I think will be cancelled. You see, it was originally going to be part of the fall season back in 2017. This didn’t happen. And it is not often when a delayed show has stuck around long term. I can think of only one example of a main season show that fits that mold.

As for newly announced shows that I don’t think will last, Phenoms doesn’t seem like it will stay around. I don’t know whether or not My Last Days is new or not (it might be returning somehow, but I still think that it won’t be lasting much longer than the early summer. TKO seems likely to only last this season and like other shows, won’t even be cancelled officially.

Burden of Truth might suffer the same fate as last season’s Hooten and The Lady. That means that it is a foreign show not up to good ratings in our country similar to how bad ratings here normally don’t mean a reversal compared to good ratings of the same shows internationally. I don’t have high hopes for The Outpost, even though it might be cool. I don’t think that The Last Defense will last much longer either. I don’t have high hopes for The Proposal. And Gordon Ramsay’s 24 Hours to Hell & Back might go the way of a lot of his other summer shows.

Returning shows predictions: Salvation just doesn’t seem like it will last. The promo for this newer season makes me wonder how long it takes for a meteor to strike the earth. I don’t think that either The Gong Show or Marlon will last much longer. I also don’t have high hopes for Love Connection. I’m also going to put Midnight, Texas on this list, although I’m not sure if we will see it this season or not. While I’m pretty sure that it is over, I’m not 100% sure that Trial and Error is ending. Still, I’m putting it on this list of mine.

Cancelled via not returning from previous seasons: It is at this point that I might as well do a round-up of all of the shows that aired last summer that don’t appear to be coming back at all. Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly does not appear to be coming back. Neither does CBSN: On Assignment or Superhuman. Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge seems to have no future. Somewhere Between is more than likely over, although this one might be official. Surprisingly, it seems that Hollywood Game Night is now a thing of the past. The F Word is over, it seems. Boy Band and Battle of the Network Stars are both over as well. Candy Crush has no future. And that might be it, unless I’m missing something.

Freebies: This next list will include shows already cancelled or already renewed. First, I’ll go through a roundup of all the shows either on or that will be on their official final season. Shades of Blue is ending. Code Black is ending. Quantico is ending. Living Biblically is coming back to burn off the rest of what still hasn’t aired before. The same applies to Me, Myself, and I. Taken is burning off the rest of its episodes as well. The Originals will be ending soon. Once they are all over, the shows will never air or make new episodes again. As for what of the summer shows are staying around, Elementary will be back next season. The 100 will return as well.

Safe predictions: Here, I will just list all of the shows that I think will stick around for the future. They are Masters of Illusion, Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Big Brother, The Four: The Battle for Stardom, Little Big Shots, and Primetime: What Would You Do? As for others that will probably last, they should be Take Two, World of Dance, America’s Got Talent, American Ninja Warrior, MasterChef, Beat Shazam, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Celebrity Family Feud, The $100,000 Pyramid, and Whose Line is it Anyways? Also likely to keep lasting is So You Think You Can Dance?


Man, that took longer to write than I had wanted it to. But I am done with this post as of this finishing of this writing of this paragraph. There’s not much else to say except that I hope to be back with all of the normal posts as usual when you expect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment