Saturday, April 15, 2017

Fantasy Schedule for the 2017-2018 TV Season

Well, I’m back with my next fantasy schedule for the upcoming season of TV. This is just my idea of what I think will happen and not what certainly will happen. I’m not sure if I’ll do much in terms of predicting the summer schedule or not. I know what a lot of it will be this time around as I’ve waited longer than usual to do this post. In fact, I know some shows that certainly are going to be on the schedule for next season so that will be interesting and fun trying to predict what will happen with them for sure. I hope that you enjoy this and we’ll see which of these end up being right or wrong.

Something different that you may notice about this post is that I actually know real, potential pilots that are happening this time around. I don’t know if the ones that I’m mentioning specifically won’t happen or not, but I thought that they would be worth mentioning for the future. You should be able to tell which ones are the serious predictions and which ones are the usual jokes. Anything new would be written in all caps.

The summer schedule is a bit confusing in my mind. I will be talking about the summer shows this year, yet I’ll still be making predictions about it. At least I’ll know some of what will be on during the summer. Sorry for any potential confusion. Also, I’m posting things in Central Standard Time, in case you are confused in any way.

ABC

Sunday- 6:00- America’s Funniest Home Videos, 7:00- Once Upon a Time (final season), 8:00- DOOMED, I TELL YOU, DOOMED!, 9:00- Shark Tank

Monday- 7:00- Dancing with the Stars, 9:00- LOWLY RATED DRAMA

Tuesday- 7:00- The Middle, 7:30- American Housewife, 8:00- Fresh off the Boat, 8:30- NEW COMEDY, 9:00- INHUMANS

Wednesday- 7:00- The Goldbergs, 7:30- Speechless, 8:00- Modern Family, 8:30- NEW COMEDY, 9:00- Designated Survivor

Thursday- 7:00- Grey’s Anatomy, 8:00- Scandal, 9:00- How to Get Away with Murder

Friday- 7:00- Last Man Standing, 7:30- Dr. Ken, 8:00- Black-ish, 8:30- BLACK-ISH SPIN-OFF, 9:00- 20/20

Midseason- The Bachelor, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, NEW REALITY SHOW, The Catch, The Great Christmas Light Fight, The Great American Baking Show, NEW TGIT SHOW, Match Game

Summer- The Bachelorette, DOWNWARD DOG, BattleBots, The $100,000 Pyramid, Bachelor in Paradise, STILL STAR-CROSSED, SOMEWHERE BETWEEN, Celebrity Family Feud, TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY, To Tell the Truth, Primetime: What Would You Do?

Cancelled- Mistresses, Beyond the Tank, Greatest Hits, People’s List, Uncle Buck, People Icons, Big Fan, Notorious, Conviction, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Downward Dog, American Crime, Quantico, The Real O’Neals, Secrets & Lies, Still Star-Crossed, Ten Days in the Valley, Time after Time, Somewhere Between, The Toy Box, Imaginary Mary

Explanations- If I know one thing about ABC, it’s that they have a lot of comedies that get good ratings. Thus, I’m going to be bold and predict that they will open up yet another hour for comedies like they did this season. Maybe it could wind up on Sundays (the extra hour of comedies), but I don’t see them messing with most of that. I think that Once Upon a Time could end due to contract wranglings that are ongoing and could even end it this season. With the ratings and various other things going on, I doubt that there will any major surprises regarding what stays and what doesn’t. If any of my picks for what are cancelled are wrong, that would unlikely in my mind, yet still possible. I guess that we’ll see for sure what happens with any of this later.

CBS

Sunday- 6:00- 60 Minutes, 7:00- NCIS: Los Angeles, 8:00- Madam Secretary, 9:00- Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders

Monday- 7:00- The Big Bang Theory (until Thursday Night football ends), 7:00- Kevin Can Wait (after Thursday Night football ends), 7:30- NEW SHOW, 8:00- Superior Donuts, 8:30- Man with a Plan, 9:00- Scorpion

Tuesday- 7:00- NCIS, 8:00- NCIS: New Orleans, 9:00- Bull

Wednesday- 7:00- Survivor, 8:00- Criminal Minds, 9:00- INSTINCT

Thursday (after Thursday Night football ends)- 7:00- The Big Bang Theory, 7:30- YOUNG SHELDON, 8:00- Life in Pieces, 8:30- The Great Indoors, 9:00- DOOMED SHOW

Friday- 7:00- MacGyver, 8:00- Hawaii Five-0, 9:00- Blue Bloods

Midseason- Hunted, Mom, Code Black, The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, NEW DRAMA, NEW REALITY SHOW

Summer- Big Brother, CANDY CRUSH, SALVATION, Zoo

Cancelled- Zoo, Training Day, Pure Genius, Doubt, Ransom, Elementary, The Odd Couple, 2 Broke Girls, Candy Crush

Explanations- I doubt that this will be right since they tend to have a whole lot of new shows in the fall and I don’t have that predicted here. They tend to shift shows around sometimes, but that wasn’t really something that I predicted here. I do think that Bull and NCIS: New Orleans will flip timeslots as the latter needs a ratings boost in the future. I don’t know if Hunted or The Amazing Race will return for future seasons or not, but I’m a bit optimistic and feel that it is possible for both of them. I have Mom and Code Black at midseason as I feel that is what could happen if a returning comedy and drama become midseason shows as usual. There are some more bolder predictions in some cases, but I feel that most of this is based on things not changing and if I’m right about that, this will be a fairly accurate assessment of this network’s schedule.

CW

Sunday- no new programming

Monday- 7:00- Supergirl, 8:00- NEW SHOW

Tuesday- 7:00- The Flash, 8:00- Legends of Tomorrow

Wednesday- 7:00- Arrow, 8:00- Riverdale

Thursday- 7:00- Supernatural, 8:00- NEW SHOW

Friday- 7:00- The Originals (final season), 8:00- Jane the Virgin

Midseason- The 100, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, NEW SHOW

Summer- Penn and Teller: Fool Us, HOOTEN & THE LADY, Masters of Illusion, Whose Line is it Anyways?

Cancelled- Beauty & the Beast, Hooten & The Lady, Frequency, The Vampire Diaries, No Tomorrow, Reign

Explanations- I’m probably most likely to be wrong about The Originals sticking around for next season. I just don’t see a show and its spin-off ending in the same season. But it probably will be cancelled the same season as The Vampire Diaries and not be around longer as I’m predicting. It can be a bit hard tracking a network known for crazy moves all the time. So I’m mimicking this season as much as possible with some room for improvement this time around. I don’t predict many changes, except for something that I feel would have less of a chance of surviving next season being put on Fridays. We’ll see what changes the Certainly Weird network has planned.

FOX

Sunday- 6:00- Reruns/sports overrun, 6:30- Bob’s Burgers, 7:00- The Simpsons, 7:30- The Last Man on Earth, 8:00- Family Guy, 8:30- ORVILLE

Monday- 7:00- Gotham, 8:00- Lucifer

Tuesday- 7:00- Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 7:30- The Mick, 8:00- CONTROVERSY

Wednesday- 7:00- Lethal Weapon, 8:00- Empire

Thursday- 7:00- THE RESIDENT, 8:00- MasterChef Junior

Friday- 7:00- Hell’s Kitchen, 8:00- SHOW FOX DOESN’T CARE ABOUT

Midseason- 24: Legacy, Star, MasterChef, Prison Break, REALITY CRAP, SOME SORT OF REBOOT, NEW GORDON RAMSEY SHOW, ANIMATED COMEDY, LIVE ACTION COMEDY, MORE NEW THINGS THAN I CAN THINK OF

Summer- American Grit, SUPERHUMAN, Masterchef, LOVE CONNECTION, Hotel Hell, BEAT SHAZAM, Wayward Pines, THE F WORD, So You Think You Can Dance?

Cancelled- Houdini & Doyle, Coupled, New Girl, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Making History, Scream Queens, The Exorcist, Pitch, APB, Rosewood, Son of Zorn, Beat Shazam, The F Word, Kicking & Screaming, My Kitchen Rules, You the Jury, Shots Fired

Explanations- I don’t know if this or NBC will be the harder network to predict. I can imagine that this will be somewhere within the realms of possibility, but I don’t know where in it. I don’t think that I’ll get much wrong since I don’t know what to do with their midseason schedule. This is probably the network that changes its schedule the most so I don’t even know what to say with it.

NBC

Sunday- ignored until midseason

Monday- 7:00- The Voice, 9:00- NEW SHOW

Tuesday- 7:00- The Voice, 8:00- NEW COMEDY, 8:30- NEW COMEDY, 9:00- Chicago Fire

Wednesday- 7:00- Blindspot, 8:00- Law and Order: SVU, 9:00- Chicago PD

Thursday- 7:00- Superstore, 7:30- NEW SHOW, 8:00- Chicago Med, 9:00- The Blacklist

Friday- 7:00- GONE, 8:00- Caught on Camera, 9:00- Dateline

Midseason- The Good Place, The Celebrity Apprentice, Shades of Blue, This is Us, Chicago Justice, Little Big Shots, NEW COMEDY, NEW DRAMA, NEW DRAMA, NEW COMEDY, NEW REALITY

Summer- American Ninja Warrior, MIDNIGHT, TEXAS, Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge, America’s Got Talent, WORLD OF DANCE, The Carmichael Show, MARLON, The Biggest Loser, LITTLE BIG SHOTS: FOREVER YOUNG, The Wall, The Night Shift, Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday, Hollywood Game Night, Strong, LAW AND ORDER: TRUE CRIME

Cancelled- Aquarius, The Night Shift, Midnight, Texas, Grimm, Timeless, Emerald City, Powerless, The Blacklist: Redemption, Trial & Error, Taken, Great News, World of Dance, First Dates

Explanations- It is really hard to predict this network. I don’t even know just how much of this I’ll get wrong. In fact, I’m going to predict that this will be the most wrong of any of them. There will probably be a lot more new shows than what I have listed, in the fall at least. I have no idea why NBC gave up on comedies and if they will bring them back long term or not. I also don’t know why their longest running on is isolated to the summer most of the time. It is possible and very likely that The Celebrity Apprentice is going to end soon, but I have no idea if it will for sure. I think that The Biggest Loser might be over in reality, although it could make a surprise return this summer as I have predicted. I don’t know how NBC will juggle the Chicago franchise. They have to be overcompensating for their lack of notable shows having four shows in that franchise at once.

What I think will stay: America’s Funniest Home Videos, Once Upon a Time, Shark Tank, Dancing with the Stars, The Middle, American Housewife, Fresh off the Boat, Imaginary Mary, The Goldbergs, Speechless, Modern Family, Designated Survivor, NCIS: New Orleans, Bull, Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Riverdale, Supernatural, The Originals, Jane the Virgin, The 100, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Penn and Teller: Fool Us, Masters of Illusion, Survivor, Criminal Minds, Life in Pieces, The Great Indoors, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, Hunted, Mom, Code Blac, The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, Big Brother, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Last Man Standing, Dr. Ken, Black-ish, 20/20, The Bachelor, The Catch, 60 Minutes, NCIS: Los Angeles, Madam Secretary, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, The Big Bang Theory, Kevin Can Wait, Superior Donuts, Man with a Plan, iZombie, Scorpion, NCIS, The Great Christmas Light Fight, The Great American Baking Show, Bob’s Burgers, The Simpsons, The Last Man on Earth, Family Guy, Gotham, Lucifer, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Mick, MasterChef Junior, Hell’s Kitchen, 24: Legacy, MasterChef, Shots Fired, The Voice, Chicago Fire, Blindspot, Law and Order: SVU, America’s Got Talent, Chicago PD, Superstore, Chicago Med, The Blacklist, Caught on Camera, Dateline, The Good Place, The Celebrity Apprentice, Shades of Blue, This is Us, Chicago Justice, Little Big Shots, American Ninja Warrior, Hotel Hell, So You Think You Can Dance?, Lethal Weapon, Empire, Match Game, The Bachelorette, BattleBots, The $100,000 Pyramid, Bachelor in Paradise, Celebrity Family Feud, To Tell the Truth, Primetime: What Would You Do?

What I think will go: Beyond the Tank, Greatest Hits, People’s List, People Icons, Big Fans, Notorious, Conviction, Hooten & The Lady, Frequency, Reign, The Vampire Diaries, No Tomorrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Prison Break, New Girl, Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Scream Queens, Rosewood, Son of Zorn, Beat Shazam, The F Word, Kicking & Screaming, My Kitchen Rules, You the Jury, The Exorcist, Pitch, APB, Making History, American Crime, Quantico, The Real O’Neals, Secrets & Lies, Still Star-Crossed, Ten Days in the Valley, Time after Time, Somewhere Between, Zoo, Midnight, Texas, Grimm, Timeless, Emerald City, Powerless, The Blacklist: Redemption, Trial & Error, Taken, Great News, World of Dance, First Dates, Training Day, Pure Genius, Doubt, Ransom, Elementary, The Odd Couple, 2 Broke Girls, Candy Crush, The Toy Box

No decision: Any show not mentioned, most summer shows, American Grit, Salvation, Wayward Pines, The Biggest Loser, Hollywood Game Night, Strong, Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge, Law and Order: True Crime, Whose Line is it Anyways?


Well, that’s about it for this post. We’ll see if any of my predictions end up being right. I wonder if I’ll be close to right with any or if some of these are just so laughably wrong that you’d have to wonder why I would even mention them in the first place. I have no idea what to do with some of these predictions, but we’ll see if any of these end up happening or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment