Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Planned Viewing Habits: Midseason 2017

Before the midseason starts, I might as well tell you about what I plan on doing in terms of what I will be watching if I can. I can now watch as many as four shows at once if I wanted to, but I don’t know yet just how much I will be watching. But, I’ll tell you what I plan on watching.

Here are the existing shows on the schedule that I plan to continue watching: The ABC shows that I will keep watching when they air at midseason are Once Upon a Time, Quantico, The Middle, Fresh off the Boat, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Match Game, Modern Family, and Grey’s Anatomy. I might watch some of The Goldbergs during the winter hiatus of Survivor, but I might not get that chance. I might watch Shark Tank and 20/20 whenever what I normally watch isn’t on. The CBS shows that I will keep watching are NCIS: Los Angeles, Madam Secretary, Elementary, The Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, NCIS, NCIS: New Orleans, Survivor, Code Black, Hawaii Five-0, and Blue Bloods. I’ll also watch 60 Minutes whenever it works out.

The CW shows that I will keep watching are Supergirl, Jane the Virgin, The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. The FOX shows that I will keep watching are The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Last Man on Earth, Gotham, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and New Girl. I might watch Scream Queens in the future, but I don’t know yet if I will. I won’t go out of my way to watch it. There are also times when I watch Bob’s Burgers, whenever that fits in my schedule. As for NBC, I’ll keep watching Law & Order: SUV and The Blacklist. I do want to watch Blindspot during Survivor’s winter hiatus and am trying to watch it online, although I seem to not have time for it. Hopefully I can see some of it. I also started watching Chicago Med.

Here are the new fall shows that I’m still into watching: On CBS, I’m still watching Kevin Can Wait, Bull, Pure Genius (if it is still on), and MacGyver. I’m still watching Son of Zorn on FOX. I’m still watching Frequency on the CW. I’m still watching The Good Place and Timeless on NBC. On ABC, I will still be watching Designated Survivor.

Here are the returning shows not on the schedule until midseason that I plan on watching: On NBC, I will watch the final season of Grimm in addition to Shades of Blue and, possibly, Hollywood Game Night if that works out. I’m not sure if any of CBS’s returning shows at midseason will be something that I’ll watch. I used to watch Undercover Boss, but that show has since become dead to me after they aired an employee insulting someone with autism. But enough of that.

On the CW, I will be watching iZombie and Reign. I’m undecided yet on if I will return for the fourth season of The 100 or not as it seemed to have lost me a lot in its last season. I don’t know if Masters of Illusion will be on before the summer, but I do plan on watching that if I can. The same can also be said about Whose Line is it Anyways? On ABC, I will watch The Catch and, if it returns, I’ll watch Beyond the Tank if and when that works on the schedule. Of course, I have no idea if that's ever coming back. On FOX, I will watch the final season of Bones and Sleepy Hollow as well.

Here are the new midseason shows that I plan on watching: On the CW, I will tune into their new show Riverdale. On CBS, I will tune into all of their new shows (if I can), which are Superior Donuts, Doubt, Ransom, and Training Day. On ABC, I plan to watch Time after Time. On FOX, I plan to watch Making History, Star, and Shots Fired. On NBC, I plan to watch Trial & Error, The Blacklist: Redemption, Emerald City, Powerless, and Taken. I might watch Chicago Justice, although I’m not entirely sure if I will watch it or not just yet.

Here is a new fall shows that I watched that isn’t on at midseason: Notorious. It was sort of cancelled, although it seems unlikely that any of them will be official before May due to the false hope that networks like to give us when they either cut the episode order or decide not to order any new episodes. There are other shows that never had more episodes ordered, although they will be on during midseason. Those shows, that I’m interested in, are Conviction, Pure Genius, and Frequency.

Here are the fall shows that I watched once but wasn’t interested in seeing again: No Tomorrow, Man with a Plan, and The Great Indoors. No Tomorrow lost me at the pilot due to a lack of any characters that I would care about long term. Man with a Plan was overall bad (kids with cell phones? I know that really happens, but still!) and it seemed like Matt LaBlanc with always overacting in it. The Great Indoors seems to do in promos what Hardees does: insult the people they are targeting with their ads. They don’t need to go after my generation especially since they are in the 18-34 demographic that’s so important. Why insult the people you want to watch the show?


Anyways, this is my current plan on what to watch. I have no idea what will end up happening in the end. I had planned at one point last season to watch American Grit and Game of Silence, but I ended up seeing neither one of them. And I did start watching The Grinder towards the end of its run. Different things can happen and change and you’ll see with future reviews what new shows, at least, of what I did end up watching. Plus, I'm going to loan out my second VCR, so I'll have even less options that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment