Saturday, December 17, 2016

Back to School Commercials 2016

Even though I have not had to go to school in quite some time, I find the fact that there are as much back to school commercials as there are to be highly irritating. We do not need a high number and we don’t need them to start after school has only been out for a month. Now the number may get less ridiculous now that I’m keeping track of it. But we’ll see what happens this year compared to the previous years that I’ve kept track. Hopefully, I can update this earlier in future years.

In 2014, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 1. The official count before August is 48. The official count before September is 158. The official total of the whole year is 170. In 2015, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 0. The official count before August is 44. The official count before September is 125. The official total of the whole year is 136.

In 2016, the official count of back to school commercials before Independence Day is 1. The official count before August is ~61. The official count before September is ~261. The official total of the whole year is 286. There were even 2 during October.

You might be wondering why I have the approximately sign (~) in this blog. Well, I may not have the right number for part of the post. I may have had to guess at some points. This means that in future years, if the official known count in higher, I will certainly remove this year from future list mentions in future years. We’ll see what happens with that later for sure.


This is all for this post. I don’t know what else there is to say with this. I got really confused by some of the October commercials. There was one using the School’s Out song, two back to school commercials, and the start of Christmas commercials. This was all mixed with the mudslinging of the election. And don’t get me started on the “let me hear you say truck, yeah!” bullcrap that Ford has been shoving down our throats for quite some time. Ugh. Anyways, as I was trying to say, I’m done with this blog post and sadly looking forward to the vast Christmas commercials since it means that the election will finally be over. And this is the latest an election can ever be in this country. At least that’s over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment