Saturday, October 1, 2016

New Fall Shows: 2016 Part 1

Well, here we are at last with a new blog post with the new fall shows. Since I am now updating this blog on a more regular basis instead of sort of whenever (although, the whenever posts will still happen), I will need to write the corresponding posts. Here are the reviews of some of the fall shows that I have seen. I hope that you enjoy.

The Good Place: Show Description- A comedy, a woman finds out that she is dead, but in the good place. The main problem: she’s not supposed to be there. Behind the Scenes- Ted Danson, who was in many shows in the past, among them Cheers, Becker, CSI, and CSI: Cyber, is a character on the show. Kristen Bell, who did many movies and Veronica Mars, is the main character. My Thoughts- It can be hard to tell much about the show just starting out, although I do plan on keeping watching it for now. I didn’t expect much realism from it, but that’s to be expected from a work of fiction like this. I’m not sure that I care that much about that aspect. But I do think that it is interesting for now. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It might last a while, but I’m not sure yet if it will last long. Where to Find- On NBC at 8:30/7:30 Central on Thursdays

Notorious: Show Description- It’s hard to say for sure what it is about, but it appears to have many plots and has an overall focus on newsmakers. Behind the Scenes- Shonda Rhimes, who is known for many dramas, the most notable being Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder, helps make this show, although I’m not sure if she created it. My Thoughts- Well, it seems to rely too much on sex as usual. It can also be hard to tell if these are people to root for or not. But, the show is interesting and I hope that it can be good as it continues along. I give it three stars out of five. Long Term Prospects- I’m not sure that it will last that long right now. Where to Find- On ABC at 9/8 Central on Thursdays

Designated Survivor: Show Description- Inspired by a real life situation, a cabinet member in the line of succession is taken to a secure place during the state of the union address to ensure that there would be a president if something bad were to happen. Well, in this show, something bad does happen and the designated survivor does become president. But there’s a lot more to the show than just that. Behind the Scenes- Keifer Sutherland, who was on 24 and Touch, is the main character, the new president. Kal Penn, who was on House, had roles on other TV shows, and even worked for the administration of a real president, is another character. Maggie Q, who was on Nikita, among other things, is another character. My Thoughts- This show may be too complicated for its own good. But, it is an interesting and gripping story. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- For now, it looks like this will stay around. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Wednesdays

Kevin Can Wait: Show Description- It seems to be about a man who just retired, or wanted to, at least, but it could be about any number of things that could evolve over time. Behind the Scenes- Kevin James, who was on King of Queens before starring in many movies, is the main character of this show. My Thoughts- I honestly don’t know yet if I’ll stick with this in the long term or not. While it isn’t that bad, it also isn’t that good either. It can be hard to tell the long term quality as of yet. I may watch it for now, but it could lose my interest as it could be too bloated with its cast. For now, I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- For now, it will get good ratings. Once it loses the lead-in of The Big Bang Theory, it may not be so lucky anymore. Where to Find- On CBS at 8:30/7:30 Central on Mondays

Bull: Show Description- This is about a jury consultant who helps with court cases. Behind the Scenes- Supposedly, this is inspired by something Dr. Phil did before he went into television. This stars Michael Weatherly, well known from NCIS, as the main character. My Thoughts- If this was Michael Weatherly’s way of separating himself NCIS, he could have done better as his character on this show is very similar to the one he played on NCIS. Outside of that, it seems like a pretty interesting show as you normally don’t see courtroom dramas from this perspective. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- With an NCIS lead-in, it’s unlikely that this fails any time soon. If it ever losses that in the future, then there could be problems. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

MacGyver: Show Description- This show is about a man who uses whatever he can to do cool spy things. There are also other people in the cast as needed. Behind the Scenes- This is a remake of a show by the same name. This also stars George Eads, who was in CSI. My Thoughts- I think that it is good. It may seem a lot like the Limitless show, which is weird. I have not seen the original version of this show, so I don’t know if it is better, worse, or the same quality compared to that. I’ll admit that some of it seems predictable and cliché, but it also has the same type of interesting quality that you’d see in spy dramas like it. Long Term Prospects- It is doing good, for now, so we’ll see if it stays that way or not. Where to Find- On CBS at 7/8 Central on Fridays

Son of Zorn: Show Description- It’s hard to tell some of what the show is about right off the bat. It seems to be about an animated man named Zorn and his family. The title would have you believe that it is about his son, but I think that it is more about Zorn. Behind the Scenes- Zorn is an animated character and there is some animation in this, but most of this is live action. Jason Sudeiks, from Saturday Night Live, is the voice of Zorn. My Thoughts- As expected from the promos, this show is weird. I’ll always find it strange when humans interact with animated characters as if there is nothing unusual about this. But, the show can actually be funny. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I honestly don’t know if this will last or not. I think that it is too soon to know for sure. But, it might have a good chance at that for now. Where to Find- On FOX at 8:30/7:30 Central on Sundays

New fall shows: American Housewife, Conviction, Designated Survivor, Notorious, Speechless, Bull, The Great Indoors, Kevin Can Wait, MacGyver, Man with a Plan, Pure Genius, Frequency, No Tomorrow, The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon, Pitch, Son of Zorn, The Good Place, Timeless, and This is Us.

Those shows I’m reviewing: Conviction, The Good Place, Notorious, Designated Survivor, Frequency, No Tomorrow, Kevin Can Wait, Man with a Plan, The Great Indoors, Bull, MacGyver, Pure Genius, Timeless, and Son of Zorn.


That’s it for part 1 of this review. We’ll see more in the future of the fall reviews. Stay tuned for part 2 where you will see the reviews for Conviction, Frequency, No Tomorrow, Pure Genius, Timeless, Man with a Plan, and The Great Indoors. I’ll be back in the future with more new fall shows. I don’t know when that will be just yet, but it will be soon. To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment