Sunday, December 11, 2022

Top 4 Episodes of 1992

When I did my post on the best episodes of 1991, I could only come up with 5 instead of 10 as I just was not that familiar with some shows and couldn’t remember others. I also had a limited amount of time to look for some show’s episodes anyways. This year, I could only think of 4 potential episodes that would work as I wasn’t sure what all I could qualify, especially with me unsure of what PBS kids shows might work in the end. Here, I’ve decided, are the 4 best episodes from 20 years ago.

 

#4 Verne Hatches an Egg (Back to the Future): In what would be the show’s last episode, we get a good lesson into going too far into a scheme and how that could easily be misused by others. Taking a good lesson from the second movie in the film franchise, people learn how time travel can be misused by the wrong person when someone else has access to it. It creates this good send off to the show that didn’t need to be that spectacular of an ending yet.

 

#3 The Outcast part 2 (Matlock): Following the set up to the case in the previous episode, this could have been the start of the whole small town where everyone has secrets and nobody can be trusted cliché came from. Still, Matlock finds himself with little to no people he can trust as he seeks to solve a crime in the town he ended up with. While there could be some more elements of this show that would be more serious in today’s TV, it was quite an interesting feat to accomplish even back then.

 

#2 The Airport (Seinfeld): While a lot of you might be mad at me for not picking The Contest, I believe that this was a pretty good episode of the show and best represents things in the end for very simple reasons. It was a good choice to represent the whole nothingness aspect that this show was about in the end. And it provided a great concept into the simple concept of picking someone up from the airport. So much of this was great to see in the end as to how everything worked together.

 

#1 Radio Bart (The Simpsons): Inspired by a true story of someone falling into a well, this episode had poor Bart not having a good birthday party until he’s able to prank the town into thinking that a boy is trapped in a well using one of the gifts that he got. But when his sister catches him and points out that he will get caught with the label on the radio in question, the tables turn and the joke is on him with him trapped in the well for real. While people abandon him since they didn’t like being duped, his father is able to get him out of the well in the end and the best episode of the year was made.

 

I was unsure based on certain potential airings when series 3 of Thomas the Tank Engine aired. If it did air in 1992 instead of 1991, then the episode Percy’s Promise that was on 1991’s best episode list should instead be on this top list with Verne Hatches the Egg moving back to number 5 and the episode Witchcraft from Back to the Future appearing on 1991’s list. I am not sure if I had the most reliable source in the end which is why I didn’t include it on the list in the end. Sorry about the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment