Saturday, September 24, 2022

Notes on the Current NBC Schedule: 2022 Version

This might be the only time that I do a post like this covering this network, but we’ll see. It could happen again, but I’ll never know for sure. With me now possibly watching every new show on this network for the foreseeable future, I might as well cover what this network will be like.

 

It is just a bit difficult actually to keep track of this network entirely as it airs Sunday Night Football and then airs shows on primetime on Sundays only after football season is over. I might do a part two of this post then once we know what the midseason schedule is like. It is hard for this network to get viewers for their Sunday shows, which is ironic since its primetime Sunday Night Football is the highest rated show each television season. The Sunday shows that had aired new episodes last year were Weakest Link, Transplant, and The Courtship after the Olympics and the summer show of Who Do You Think You Are? I don’t care about the summer schedule when I do posts like these.

 

Let’s cover the new shows. I’m first going to cover the fall ones, then midseason. The only two new fall ones right now are Quantum Leap and Lopez versus Lopez. The midseason ones that are coming are Found, LA Fire and Rescue, Night Court, and The Wheel.

 

The NBC shows that were cancelled shows from last season that we know thus far are America’s Got Talent: Extreme, The Courtship (which moved to USA Network), The Endgame, Home Sweet Home (which moved to Peacock), Kenan, Mr. Mayor, Ordinary Joe, The Thing about Pam, and This is Us.

 

When it comes to what replaced what, let’s see if I can figure this all out. I’m ignoring the Sunday shows as I don’t know what could happen with them yet. I won’t know until later what Magnum P.I. will be replacing on this network. I hope that it doesn’t turn into Brooklyn Nine-Nine where it airs later and later each season over and over again. There are other things I won’t know until later.

 

Anyways, both Ordinary Joe and The Endgame were replaced now by Quantum Leap. La Brea returns to replace the show This is Us which had already once replaced La Brea. Meanwhile, Capital One College Bowl is temporarily replacing The Blacklist. Mr. Mayor is effectively replaced by Lopez versus Lopez. Kenan was replaced by part of The Voice. That’s all that I can think of mentioning for now.

 

Note that this will be the last Saturday update for a while. Some might reappear from time to time in the future. The updates will be random at times as usual and continue weekly on Fridays for a while now for the foreseeable future. Enjoy them while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment