Friday, September 23, 2022

Notes on the Current CBS Schedule: 2022 Version

You might have wondered where this post was last year. I thought that I wouldn’t be doing a post on this or any other network again. But then something unusual happened. CBS cancelled a highly rated show called Magnum P.I. over issues with NBC. After about a month or so of legal wrangling, NBC got to uncancel Magnum P.I. and thus brought it back for not one but two new seasons. I used to have a rule where I would watch any new CBS show at least once that I still haven’t brought back and possibly never will. I might do that with NBC now instead in addition to the networks of the CW and FOX. Still, I am going to bring back this post for this network this year. Don’t expect it back again.

 

The new shows that will air on CBS in the fall are East New York, The Real Love Boat, So Help me Todd, and Fire Country. I will only certainly be watching just the first one and probably none of the others. The two new shows at midseason are Superfan and True Lies.

 

The shows that were cancelled after the last season were Beyond the Edge, B Positive, Bull, Come Dance with Me (unofficially), Good Sam, How We Roll, and United States of Al. They also got rid of Magnum P.I. which is now moving to NBC as mentioned before and SEAL Team moved to Paramount+.

 

Going to what replaced what, I’ll mention a show by show breakdown. East New York replaced Come Dance with Me. Fire Country replaced Magnum P.I. CSI: Vegas is replacing Bull. So Help Me Todd replaced the comedies of both United States of Al and How We Roll. The Real Love Boat replaced Beyond the Edge. The Amazing Race replaced Good Sam. That’s all, folks.

 

Tomorrow’s post will cover NBC’s schedule with a bit more effort in it. I know that I did not go to the whole replacement of what happened with B Positive or SEAL Team, the only ones that didn’t return that left the season early. There are some other scheduling things covered in the most recent cast update of CSI: Cyber that I did. I won’t go any further and will end this post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment