Friday, April 22, 2022

Midseason Shows 2022 Part 2

There were some delays due to holidays and family visits in regards to this post getting done at a better time than this. But it’s completely fine and good that this is getting done when it is. Any new show that will be airing will count as a summer show so don’t expect one until then. I have a few more reviews after this before the main season ends soon so this had to be done soon. Here it is.

Would I Lie to You?: Show Description- Two teams of three discuss various stories and they have to figure out whether or not it is a lie or the truth. Behind the Scenes- This is an adaptation of a British show of the same name. Supposedly, they are going to air the UK version as well, but I’m not sure of that at the moment. It is produced by Robert and Michelle King who have been showrunners of The Good Wife, The Good Fight, BrainDead, and Evil, among other things. My Thoughts- This seems good enough to keep up with at times. I know that there are problems such as this not being as funny as it could be. The most notable problem is that the panel can be won before the first commercial break, making the rest of the show rather worthless. But it is an acceptable form of entertainment. I give this three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might last. On a network like this, it could easily keep airing over and over again. I, personally, don’t think that it will last, but it just as easily could so I won’t know for sure. Where to Find- This airs on the CW at 8:30/7:30 Central on Saturdays. It also inexplicitly reruns the same episode from the previous day on Sundays as well.

Domino Masters: Show Description- This is a reality show about people creating domino rallies with various themes to them. Behind the Scenes- This has Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family who also had hosted The Toy Box. My Thoughts- This could have been better than it was in many ways. There was too much fighting in the first episode that practically gave away who would be eliminated that week. There are some interesting aspects to this, provided that the rally works as intended, but even then, there is far too much setup for something that doesn’t last as long as it could in the end. I give this two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This could last, but I have no idea if this will or not. It seems to have more of a weirder format of how teams advance or don’t. I think that it all depends on what some people want or won’t want. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

Welcome to Flatch: Show Description- This is a mockumentary about people from a small town. Behind the Scenes- This is adapted from a foreign show, I’m pretty sure. My Thoughts- This was dumb and really pointless, not at all funny. I give this one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This won’t last. Where to Find- On FOX at 9:30/8:30 Central on Thursdays

How We Roll: Show Description- Inspired by a true story, a man follows his dream of becoming a professional bowler. Behind the Scenes- Chi McBride, from Pushing Daises and Hawaii Five-0, is a person on the show. My Thoughts- It wasn’t bad so much as it was boring. I give this two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This probably started too late for it to last. Where to Find- On CBS at 9:30/8:30 Central on Thursdays

Come Dance with me: Show Description- Professional child dancers compete with one of their parents who is not a natural dancer. Behind the Scenes- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I write that at times when I want to say something, but not much of anything. My Thoughts- This could work to some degree. It seems a lot like Dancing with the Stars, only without the stars. I think that it is fine in some ways, but overall expected in others. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea if this will last or not. I would have to guess that given how this isn’t the style of show that CBS tends to air, it won’t last. Where to Find- On CBS at 8/7 Central on Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment