Saturday, March 5, 2022

Saturdays in Primetime Version 5

If I were on top of my game, I would have had a better post planned and done for the last Saturday of February. I could have had this one written, but it wasn’t. Now, I’m actually going to be getting this one done at some point since I’m going to be doing an updated version of this again pretty soon. I didn’t even think that this would ever be in line with the other days of the week, but I might as well get this done and then expect a new one soon.

Great Chocolate Showdown: Status- Currently on the CW at 8/7 Central on Saturdays. Why I’ve seen it- I tend to watch a new CW show at least once. Noteworthiness- This is a Canadian show airing here in the US. Description- Various contestants compete in a food competition where they deal with different chocolate creations. Pros- The food is always interesting and not just the same old thing over and over again. Cons- Its biggest flaw is that not all of the contestants get their food eaten during the first round which doesn’t seem fair. Note to Parents- There is nothing wrong that I can think about this outside of maybe LGBT contestants. I don’t find that wrong, by the way. I only mention that in case someone else finds it wrong. Recommendation- This might be good if you aren’t busy with other things. My Viewing Habits- I haven’t seen every episode, but have liked it since the first one. Prediction- It already has a second season in Canada. It might air more in the US as well, but I wouldn’t count on that. Reception: great. Grade: B. New review 

48 Hours: Status- Currently on CBS at 10/9 Central on Saturdays. There are times when it fills gaps in the schedule caused by cancellations on CBS, although that hasn’t happened in a while. Why I’ve seen it- I guess it was just me wanting to watch something that was on, although on occasion, I was interested in what the episode was dealing with. Description- A true crime series that is basically a documentary type show exploring a criminal case. Pros- The episodes are typically quite interesting. Cons- It airs at a bad time. It can also be gruesome and drawn-out. Note to Parents- Don’t let your kids watch this. It is far too dark for them. Recommendation- I guess that this is worth watching from time to time, although I don’t’ typically go out of my way to watch it typically. My Viewing Habits- I have seen this at times, but don’t tune in most times as it isn’t my cup of tea. Prediction- Somehow it has remained a long time on the air despite it typically airing on Saturdays all the time. I imagine that it will continue to last a while. Reception: positive. Grade: B.

No comments:

Post a Comment