Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Midseason Shows 2021 Part 3

This will be my last new update of the season with new shows this part of the season. The next set of new shows will be in the summer and I won’t talk about it until then. Hopefully I’ll do more than one post on that. But we’ll see what happens with that or not.

 

Law and Order: Organized Crime: Show Description- An old cop comes out of retirement to deal with the threat of organized crime. Behind the Scenes- This is part of the Law and Order franchise, being a direct spin-off of SVU. It stars Christopher Meloni, formerly of SVU after a long time away from it. It also stars Tamara Taylor from Bones and Dylan McDermott from American Horror Story series, Hostages, and Stalker. My Thoughts- It seems good in some places for the most part. It also seems slow moving and a bit of a random topic to cover. Still, I like it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea yet if it will last or not, but lean towards it lasting at least past this current season. Where to Find- On NBC at 10/9 Central on Thursdays

 

The United States of Al: Show Description- An Afghan moves to the US to stay with a US veteran who is his friend and deals with his life and family. Behind the Scenes- This is produced by Chuck Lorre who does a lot of shows, most notably The Big Bang Theory. It also stars Dean Norris from Under the Dome and Breaking Bad. My Thoughts- The show falls flat on many levels, not giving us people to root for or to care about in the long term. Plus, this comedy isn’t funny. I give it one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I doubt that this will last. Where to Find- On CBS at 8:30/7:30 Central on Thursdays

 

Kung Fu: Show Description- After an identity crisis of sorts, a young woman moves back to where her family is in order to discover who killed the woman who taught her martial arts, find possibly magical swords first, and deal with other crimes and family life. Behind the Scenes- This is a reimagining of a series of the same name. My Thoughts- I can’t be sure where they might be going with potential fantasy elements and the show might be forced with them in a way, despite being better off without it. The martial arts element of the series makes this seem like it could just be like a vigilante show, especially early on. But this show seems very interesting so far and has a lot to it that could keep it interesting. I give it four of out five stars. Long Term Prospects- The CW has already renewed most of their shows before this one started so it might fail for simply premiering too late. I think that this will only last one season as a result, although I’d more than love for it to last. We’ll see if it has good enough ratings to make not keeping it a bad choice. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Wednesdays

 

Home Economics: Show Description- A family comedy, each adult sibling lives in a different social class and has personal issues of their own as they deal with each other. Behind the Scenes- This stars Topher Grace from That ‘70s Show, Jimmy Tatro, who had a minor role on Modern Family in addition to various other roles, Sasheer Zamata, who was on Saturday Night Live, and Karla Souza, who was on How to Get Away with Murder. My Thoughts- It seems pretty interesting and good from what I’ve seen of it thus far. It just needs to make itself more different than other shows in the future. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea what to say here right now. I guess that I’ll put it as a toss-up as a result. Where to Find- On ABC at 8:30/7:30 Central on Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment