Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Saturdays in Primetime Version 4

It isn’t often that I review shows on Saturdays as it isn’t often or long that shows air then. In fact, the one new review that I’m adding might already be done airing, but I feel like including it anyways in case it isn’t over just yet. Now let’s get to the reviews.

Manhunt: Deadly Games: Status- Currently on CBS on Saturdays now. Why I’ve seen it- I watch every new CBS show at least once despite the fact that this isn’t really a CBS show. Noteworthiness- This is based on true stories. Part of this is based on the story of Richard Jewel. This also previously aired on cable before it repeated these episodes on CBS to make up for production slowdowns due to covid19. Description- Law enforcement tries to find the person or people who did a bombing while a man has to deal with being falsely accused of the crime. Notable People- It stars Desmond Harrington who was also on Elementary for a season. Pros- This seems pretty good and interesting even if one can be spoiled to what happens by simply looking up what happened in the past. Cons- There could be a bit too much in there at once while also dragging things out for a while. Note to Parents- Teens can watch this, but kids should not. Recommendation- I like it feel that it is good to watch and keep track of. Prediction- There are no plans for any more of this after what airs as it is meant to air for only one season. If they use the title of this again, it would likely cover a different story as they have already done in the past. Reception: possibly positive. Grade: A. New review

48 Hours: Status- Currently on CBS at 10/9 Central on Saturdays. There are times when it fills gaps in the schedule caused by cancellations on CBS, although that hasn’t happened in a while. Why I’ve seen it- I guess it was just me wanting to watch something that was on, although on occasion, I was interested in what the episode was dealing with. Description- A true crime series that is basically a documentary type show exploring a criminal case. Pros- The episodes are typically quite interesting. Cons- It airs at a bad time. It can also be gruesome and drawn-out. Note to Parents- Don’t let your kids watch this. It is far too dark for them. Recommendation- I guess that this is worth watching from time to time, although I don’t’ typically go out of my way to watch it typically. My Viewing Habits- I have seen this at times, but don’t tune in most times as it isn’t my cup of tea. Prediction- Somehow it has remained a long time on the air despite it typically airing on Saturdays all the time. I imagine that it will continue to last a while. Reception: positive. Grade: B.

No comments:

Post a Comment