Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Wish List for the Final Season of Supergirl

I had thought of this idea for a while now, but it was too late to do it in previous season’s posts. Now that I know that the upcoming season of Supergirl will be its last, I might as well do a post on all of what I want to see from the show’s final season. I doubt that they will follow all of them, even if they had any control over it. But these are some of the things that I want to see from this show’s final season. Expect there to be more of these for final seasons of shows that I watch.

1: Don’t kill off Supergirl at the end. Considering how you just did the same thing with Oliver Queen last season, I’d have to recommend against this. She could still appear in other shows in the franchise if you avoid killing her off. If you want to signify her story coming to an end, maybe give a good reason why she would give up her powers, move to another planet full time, or otherwise retire from being the superhero that she is in the end.

2: Set up some links to Superman and Lois. Since this newer Arrowverse show is clearly there to be like this old show and would have different links to it in the end, this is the only time to include all of the Easter eggs that you can between the two shows, even though it might be likely that there won’t be an official and big crossover between both shows ever instead.

3: Make an appearance or otherwise do something relating to Oliver Queen. While he is dead in the show, it is hard to say goodbye to the known trinity of this show the way things are now already. There could be more with them or perhaps a hand off to a new trinity would work as well.

4: Resolve things with her new journalist friend. I forget his name, but they introduced him in the season before the upcoming one as what I felt could be a possible love interest. They also seemed to sow the seeds that he knows her true identity or could easily figure it out. If she is to go out with a love interest, this would be the time to do it in the end. And he’ll make more sense than anyone else.

5: Do a what if Leviathan won episode. I doubt that they could actually have this group wipe out ¼ of all life on earth. It could be interesting to see considering how it would have major affects on the whole universe of this show, but it just shouldn’t be done for real. But, there could be a special way that they take care of this potential plot point by putting Supergirl or someone (perhaps a group of people) in the world where Leviathan wiped out ¼ of the world’s population just to see what that would be like.

6: Keep Lex alive this time. While killing him off only seemed temporary in the season finale of this show’s earlier season and the potential for him to be the season’s final big bad (unless someone else has been announced as that already) is a big urge for them, I want to see his dynamics with Superman that we won’t get to see otherwise if he stays on this show all the time and he dies forever this time.

7: Have Lena switch to Superman and Lois. It would be good to set up the changes that would happen to the shows that are connected like this if we see at least one of the characters from this show switch to the other at some point in time. While that isn’t always feasible depending on what happens with the actors and other people on the show (I mean, I thought that some people from Arrow might be put on other shows and they still could be, especially if they make Green Arrow and the Canaries in a show), it would still be nice to have at least one character from this show move on to a different one.

8: Give Brainy and Nia a happy ending. They or at least someone deserves to see this in the end. There have been a lot of ups and downs in their relationships thus far, which is all the more reason that they need to be good in the end and stick together.

That’s all that I want to see from the final season of this show. I can only hope that it happens in the end. Now some of you might have gotten tired of Arrowverse related posts in this blog since I had talked a lot about Arrow after it ended. But they won’t be over as I got a lot more of Supergirl to share about and discuss in the future, although I plan to wait until after the show is over and, like last time, only do one a month. I also plan to cover another Arrowverse related post in the end probably next month. As for what else I want to do with this blog, you’ll have to see what happens when I write them and I honestly don’t know what will happen for sure. I do hope to get a post on the cancelled shows of this previous season done soon with special notes on things that could go wrong. Until then, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment