Friday, October 23, 2020

Fall Shows 2020 Part 1

With not much of a schedule known yet, I still find it necessary to cover the first half of the new or sort of new shows that are on at the fall before I get to next set of reviews for the later airing shows at some point. I have more of the days of the week of primetime to cover as well so those should be done after this post for a while.

Manhunt: Deadly Games: Show Description- Based on a true story, law enforcement tries to find the person or people who did a bombing while a man has to deal with being falsely accused of the crime. Behind the Scenes- Part of this is based on the story of Richard Jewel. This also previously aired on cable before it repeated these episodes on CBS to make up for production slowdowns due to covid19. It stars Desmond Harrington who was also on Elementary for a season. My Thoughts- This seems pretty good and interesting even if one can spoil themselves to important plot details simply looking up what happened in the past. I like it feel that it is good to watch and keep track of. I give this show four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- There are no plans for any more of this after what airs as it is meant to air for only one season. If they use the title of this again, it would likely cover a different story as they have already done in the past. Where to Find- On CBS on Saturdays now

Star Trek: Discovery: Show Description- A prequel to the original Star Trek, we learn some of what happened on a different star ship. Behind the Scenes- It originally aired on CBS All Access and is airing repeats now due to the coronavirus. My Thoughts- I find this to be interesting in different ways. While there are some ways it can be mysterious, I think it is a good show worth watching. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It will probably last on CBS: All Access. I doubt that it will rerun a lot on CBS, though. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Thursdays

Departure: Show Description- A plane goes missing and people have to figure out what went on. Behind the Scenes- Archie Panjabi from The Good Wife and Blindspot is a character on this show. I think that she is the lead. My Thoughts- It seemed pretty good, although I’m not sure how there will be enough material for the show to last. I also have no idea how much beyond the first episode is available for free. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I don’t think that this will last, although it can. It is worth noting that since this is a Canadian show, the ratings here don’t matter. Where to Find- Available to stream on Peacock

Filthy Rich: Show Description- A supposedly religious family who is very rich have to deal with what is believed to be the loss of the patriarch of the family and his most notable secret: three kids from affairs. Behind the Scenes- This was filmed a long while ago, once planned to air when Deputy did all the way back around February. My Thoughts- This show is awful, even without the religious overtones. There is not much that is worth watching about this outside of the obvious plots. I give it one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might not last, although it is possible that it will. I’d bet on it not continuing over it sticking around. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Mondays

LA’s Finest: Show Description- Two women cops dealing with solving crimes and other issues with their lives. Behind the Scenes- This has aired on Charter before it aired here. My Thoughts- I like a lot of this show as it has interesting plots and characters. I’ll admit that there are the usual sexual objectification problems that you might see from time to time, but other than that, it isn’t too bad. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea if it will last or how much of it will now air on FOX. It does not really matter as much whether or not lasts here or not. So a prediction is pointless Where to Find- On FOX at 8/7 Central on Mondays

Cosmos: Possible Worlds: Show Description- A science documentary, we see different aspects of life from important scientists from the past. Behind the Scenes- This is hosted by famous scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson. It also aired on National Geographic before it came to this network, although it was at one point supposed to be on FOX first.  My Thoughts- It can be interesting, but parts of it, I found annoying. For one, Christians may not like it even though it doesn’t really attack Christianity that much. (It is more beliefs that don’t align with Christian beliefs that are the issue.) Also, it seems strange that they are using animation for a lot of this instead of live action recreations. I give this three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is only meant to air for one season so it won’t last. Where to Find- On FOX at 8/7 Central on Tuesdays

I Can See Your Voice: Show Description- A contestant has to figure out who can sing and can’t sing with the identification of good singers (or at least one) if they can pick who all is bad, getting money as a result, all without hearing their voice. Behind the Scenes- Ken Jeong from Community and Dr. Ken is the host and creator of this show. My Thoughts- I don’t think that this show is bad per say, but I don’t think that it is worth watching. I also don’t know how much of this could be considered fair to everyone in the game. I give this two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I think that it could last, but probably won’t if they don’t need extra shows like this. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

Emergency Call: Show Description- People recreate real 9-1-1 calls to give us a way of understanding dispatchers. Behind the Scenes- This is a revival of an old show. It is also hosted in a way by Luke Wilson who also stars on Stargirl. My Thoughts- It was interesting in some places, but also hard to keep track of. It didn’t seem to keep track of everything in a good way. I give this two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I don’t think that this will last long. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Mondays

NeXt: Show Description- People worry about the danger of AI and other issues in the world today. Behind the Scenes- This was supposed to air earlier, but didn’t due to delays with coronavirus. My Thoughts- It seems interesting even though it is a bit cliché in some places. I give this three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It is labeled as an event series so I doubt that it will stick around unless there is a major change at some point. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Tuesdays

Devils: Show Description- I don’t quite understand the plot of it. It relates in some way to banks. Behind the Scenes- This is a British show that has aired in the US. This also stars Patrick Dempsey who is a movie star and also starred in Grey’s Anatomy. My Thoughts- I couldn’t make much sense of this and didn’t like it as a result. I give it one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea if it will last here or there, but know that it probably won’t here even if it does there and don’t care if it lasts here or not. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Wednesdays

Swamp Thing: Show Description- Residents of a town have to deal with a mystery swamp and a creature of plant based life that came off from it. Behind the Scenes- This aired on DC Universe before it aired on television. My Thoughts- It can seem repetitive in some ways. But I’m going to stick with it and only hope that it has a good plot in the end. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It was already cancelled by its parent network. I doubt that this decision will be reversed, although it is possible that it could be at some point. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Tuesdays

One Day at a Time: Show Description- We see the adventures of a family in this sitcom. Behind the Scenes- Like a lot of the network schedule right now, this has aired on cable before it aired on this network now later. First it started on Netflix; then it moved to Pop TV. Now it is on CBS. It might also be the first show that I know of to feature a gender non binary character. My Thoughts- I felt that it was trying too hard in some places and wasn’t worth sticking around because it wasn’t that funny either. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea whether or not it will last or whether or not it will air much on CBS outside of what already is. I’ll say that it might last, just not on CBS. Where to Find- On CBS at 9/8 Central on Mondays

48 Hours: Suspicion: Show Description- I have no idea what makes this different from the rest of the 48 Hours franchise other than a supposed difference of some sort. Behind the Scenes- This is a spin-off of 48 Hours that arguably isn’t even a different show. My Thoughts- Since I don’t tend to like true crime most of the time, I don’t like this. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It might not last, but that won’t matter as long as the parent show stays around. Remember 48 Hours: NCIS? Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Wednesdays

The FBI Declassified: Show Description- A true crime show, we see some of the real life cases that FBI agents have solved. Behind the Scenes- This is narrated by the woman who plays the FBI director on the CBS series FBI right now. My Thoughts- I might like this and watch it some depending on how much it avoids the whole murder episodes which I tend to not like as much. Long Term Prospects- I doubt that it will last that much beyond what has already aired or is planned to air for now. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment