Thursday, February 6, 2020

When All Five Networks Air Something Good at Once (and Why it’s Rarer than You Think)

Depending on what level TV junkie you might be, you would not only keep track of what shows air on all the networks, you would probably also watch more than one at the same time. But even if you only see stuff from the five major networks (unlikely since you wouldn’t limit yourself to just network TV), it might be hard to find a time when they are all airing something good at once.

To be fair, though, the term good is subjective. Something I find good, others may hate. Something others find good, I may hate. I do tend to like a lot of shows I watch. I don’t always watch more than one thing at once since I’m not always interested in more than one thing at once. And that’s provided that everything on that night is new.

Before I get into more of this post, it is worth noting that from 9-10 Central, the CW and FOX do not air anything at all outside of local programming, often news or syndicated shows. Thus, there are only two hours of the weekday and Sundays when all five networks are airing something.

Now how rare is it for all networks to air something good at once? I can remember when it was Friday of all times where FOX aired Enlisted and Raising Hope, NBC aired Grimm, ABC aired Shark Tank, CBS aired Hawaii Five-0, and the CW aired something that I liked. That might honestly be the most recent time or best example I can think of offhand where all networks aired something good at once. And, as you can tell, I can’t even remember what the CW was airing that I liked.

I doubt that someone else could think of a time, even recently, when all the networks might have aired a good show that I like. Maybe it is something that happens more often than I think and I just don’t know of other times it might have happened. I normally don’t watch more than four shows at once and am often just watching three at once, if even that.


That’s about it for this post. I updated this blog today since there weren’t enough read posts in my Survivor blog. While Thursdays are a day of the week that posts of this blog could become common on, I did not roll Survivor today so I will not be starting that yet, if at all. Don’t expect it during Lent unless I roll the option on Maundy Thursday. I will see you Monday or some other time with the next post. Also, happy 300th post of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment