Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Crisis on Infinite Earths Aftermath Post

I had done a post before the Arrowverse crossover, Crisis on Infinite Earths. I’m going to do a post on that where I go through my predictions and see which ones of them were right. I’m also going to do some more various thoughts in general about it. I will also post reminders of what the predictions were as I do this post.

Prediction one: Earth-90 Barry Allen will be revealed to be alive, but will die during the crisis.

Result: Correct. This was easy in my mind to predict. A lot of the predictions that I made were stuff that I knew had happened in the comic books and I felt that it could happen on the shows. We did not know what had happened to this Barry Allen and knowing that they wouldn’t kill off the Earth-1 version, I thought that this one would die instead.

Prediction two: The Linda Park of Earth-2 will appear and have some important role in it.

Result: Wrong. She had no role in the crossover whatsoever. She did have a role in the comic book part of the crossover or storyline, but she didn’t appear. I only know that I felt the three remaining people from the destroyed earth would have potential to appear on the crossover, even if it was likely that only one of the three of them would actually appear.

Prediction three: It will be revealed what happened to Jessie Quick and the Earth-2 version of Harry Wells.

Result: Wrong. They have yet to reveal what happened with these two characters, although it might have been hinted in the second episode of The Flash to air after the crossover that perhaps at least Harry was now alive on Earth Prime, but it is currently unknown if Nash was merely imagining things or there was something else going on in the new world.

Prediction four: No Gotham characters will appear, but there could be cameos from them playing other people in one of the universes here.

Result: Well, this was technically wrong, even if I wasn’t predicting an assured thing anyways. As far as I could tell, no one from Gotham had any role whatsoever in the crossover which makes sense anyways as the canon of the shows would be different enough that even putting one on another earth might not make as much sense.

Prediction five: Earth-1 Barry Allen will indeed go missing, but will be found early into the next part of The Flash.

Result: Wrong. This was something that I felt should happen as it was hyped for so long only for parts of the story to be changed. The Barry Allen that we know from Arrowverse didn’t disappear if only for a moment like he did in most of the timelines seen on the show.

Prediction six: One of the Supergirl versions will die.

Result: Possible, but probably not. I only say that it is possible because so many earths died and it is more than likely that at least one of them had a version of Supergirl on it. But there wasn’t a notable version of her that briefly appeared like others we saw.

Prediction seven: Earth-2 Laurel Lance will die.

Result: Wrong. She didn’t die during the crisis like I might have thought that she would at some point in time. I thought that since the destruction of Earth-2 was important to the beginning of the events that there would be more of an important role played by someone like her from Earth-2. I am glad that she is here in this show still, even though I don’t know if she’ll play any further roles anymore.

Prediction eight: Eobard Thawne will race Superman at some point.

Result: Wrong. I thought that we might see it at some point since it was mentioned that it was going to happen at some point (or already did) in Crisis on Earth-X. But Eobard Thawne didn’t play any role in the crisis whatsoever, which was quite disappointing since that it what was hyped up to happen from the first episode of The Flash until nearly the start of season 6.

Prediction nine: There will be only one earth after the crisis with people from all the other earths living on this one now instead of any others.

Result: Right. This wasn’t too hard to predict as it might be easier in some ways for the people from the franchise to interact with each other to create a new world. Also, this was in the comic books so it would make sense that it would happen on the show as well.

Prediction ten: The storyline from Legends of Tomorrow will largely be unaffected by any of this due to that show having not started airing its current season.

Result: Remains to be seen. Parts of the storyline were affected, but I think that it is largely unknown as of yet whether or not the storyline on Legends of Tomorrow will be affected. Parts of it were thus far, but parts of it were not as well.

While I liked a lot of the crisis crossover, there are some problems that I have with it. I think that I’m not the only one annoyed by it being changed from 2024 to 2019. Eobard Thawne played no role in this at all despite all the headlines seen on the show in the past. And I don’t think that they ever have explained how destroying Cicada’s dagger brought forth the crisis earlier than it used to be. Plus, while is doesn’t disappoint me who never really read comic books as much, I do find it odd that Psycho Pirate had his cameo in Elseworlds but never showed up with any notable role in this new crossover.

That’s about it for this post. Maybe there is more that could be said, but I don’t think that there is much to do in the end. What were your thoughts on the crossover, if you saw it at all? Did you like it? Were you at all disappointed by some of the changes or lack of explanations leading into it? The franchise is quite confusing and it is possible that I missed stuff that was, in fact, explained. It is hard to tell for sure some of what is going on in Arrowverse and can only hope that things will be explained well later.

No comments:

Post a Comment