Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Midseason Shows 2020 Part 1

With luck, I will be able to catch up more on reviews for this blog again. We’ll see if I add another go around for one that was already done once this season as I see what all needs updated for other blogs of mine, if any do at all. I do plan to be back with a part 2 of this post at some point in time. We’ll see if there are any more of those or not. I also might try to write and publish other posts before I run out of time to do them this time around. Be sure to comment on any old posts from previous years if you want me to do them again. Now let’s get to the reviews.

FBI: Most Wanted: Show Description- An FBI team tries to find the most wanted criminals. Behind the Scenes- This replaces Madam Secretary. It is also a spin-off of FBI. My Thoughts- It seems like a good show that you would like and expect. I say that the problems with it are it seeming generic and like a carbon copy of the original with new characters instead of what we could just get from it. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This is likely to last for now and will probably stay longer. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays

Stumptown: Show Description- A female PI solves cases. Behind the Scenes- This is not a midseason show as it was on at the fall and I’m just now reviewing it having not seen it earlier. It is also adapted from a comic book series. My Thoughts- It didn’t seem to have much to it. It wasn’t bad, just not worth staying into. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I’d put this at a toss-up for now. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Wednesdays

Deputy: Show Description- A man finds out that he is now a sheriff due to the death of the previous one and rules possibly considered outdated. Behind the Scenes- Another show was originally supposed to air in this timeslot. As far as I know, that show, Filthy Rich, will premiere later. My Thoughts- While it did not seem as bad as a lot of shows are nowadays, I won’t recommend it as it wasn’t that interesting. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It doesn’t look likely to last now, although it could last. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Thursdays

Flirty Dancing: Show Description- A reality show, a person goes on a blind date with two others. They don’t speak and only dance before the main person decides who to go on a real date with. Behind the Scenes- This aired during the hiatus of two seasons of The Masked Singer. My Thoughts- The premise is a bit contrived in some ways and not much can be gathered from it outside of that. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This probably won’t last. Where to Find- Not currently on the schedule, having already aired its first season out of any

9-1-1: Lone Star: Show Description- A man dealing with personal problems brings his son to Texas and starts a new team there of firefighters there from other places since the old team had died in a previous crisis. Behind the Scenes- This is a spin-off of the original 9-1-1 and aired during its hiatus. My Thoughts- The show is interesting and the characters are wonderful, even if some of them don’t have as much material to them as others. I give it five out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This will probably last for a while. Its only issue right now is if the other show will eclipse it. They might not ever air together, which could help both of them. Where to Find- On FOX at 8/7 Central on Mondays

Tommy: Show Description- After a person goes through a scandal, a lesbian is turned into the chief of police in Los Angeles. Behind the Scenes- This temporarily replaces Evil only Evil will be back at some point next season. My Thoughts- It seems pretty interesting, even if not much separates it from other shows like it. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This probably won’t last. Where to Find- On CBS at 10/9 Central on Thursdays

Outmatched: Show Description- Two parents have to deal with the fact that their three kids were revealed to be geniuses with high IQs. It is a comedy. Behind the Scenes- I believe that it replaces The Cool Kids. My Thoughts- It didn’t seem to offer much to it as it wasn’t that funny or any good. I give it one out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It isn’t doing good in ratings so it probably won’t last. Where to Find- On FOX at 8:30/7:30 Central on Thursdays

Katy Keene: Show Description- A fashionista and her friends have adventures in New York City. Behind the Scenes- This is a spin-off of Riverdale and makes use of one of the same characters. My Thoughts- I could not get behind a show on the fashion industry and won’t see this again. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- While it could last, it just as easily might not due to all of the CW shows that have already been renewed. Where to Find- On the CW at 8/7 Central on Thursdays

Lego Masters: Show Description- A reality show, duos compete in various Lego themed challenges to see who will be the Lego master. Behind the Scenes- This replaces Almost Family. It is hosted by Will Arnet who was also on Arrested Development and The Millers. My Thoughts- It seemed pretty good in some ways as the competition works and it doesn’t have much drama to it that seems manufactured in other reality shows. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- I have no idea of this will last or not. The thought of grown-ups playing with Legos is a bit of a stretch, even if not entirely something you wouldn’t expect from reality. I’d say that this should probably last more than one season, but it won’t. Where to Find- On FOX at 9/8 Central on Wednesdays

For Life: Show Description- Inspired by a true story, a wrongly convicted man who is serving life in prison is also a lawyer working to help others and clear his own name. Behind the Scenes- This replaces Emergence. My Thoughts- It is quite interesting and worth keeping up with. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might not last, but seems likely that it will right now. Where to Find- On ABC at 10/9 Central on Tuesdays


Duncanville: Show Description- An animated show, a teenager and his friends and family have some sort of possibly interesting story. Behind the Scenes- This replaces Bless the Harts for the moment as the show will be back for future seasons. Amy Poehler from Saturday Night Live and Parks and Recreation is the creator and voice on the show. My Thoughts- It seemed dumb and didn’t have much to offer. I give it two out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This isn’t likely to last right now due to low ratings. Where to Find- On FOX at 8:30/7:30 Central on Sundays

No comments:

Post a Comment