Saturday, January 27, 2018

Midseason Shows 2018 Part 1

Well, I have at least two important shows that I’m reviewing here for another blog too. I’m getting to one of them in this post. I’ll get to the other in a future post. Here are all the midseason shows that have started at this time that I saw and here are my reviews of them.

Ellen’s Game of Games: Show Description- Using things done on her talk show, Ellen DeGeneres hosts a show where people have to do random games to move on and get a lot of money potentially. Behind the Scenes- Pretty much the notable things I mentioned about this are in the previous group as well. My Thoughts- It seems odd in some places and I don’t know if it is fair entirely. Ellen’s tendency to ask trick questions can make you wonder if everything is on the up and up. But I do admit that it is funny and entertaining. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This has already been renewed for a second season. I don’t know yet if it will last beyond that or not. Where to Find- On Tuesdays at 8/7 Central on NBC

The Resident: Show Description- This is a medical drama that features different doctors, some new, and there are various problems at the hospital at times. It seems a rather complicated plot that is hard to sum up easily. Behind the Scenes- This has Matt Czuchry who used to star in The Good Wife and Gilmore girls. It also has Emily VanCamp who starred on Brothers and Sisters as well as Revenge. My Thoughts- This seemed pretty good. It points out the flaws that can happen in a hospital, but does it in a good way. I just hope that it doesn’t seem too similar to House. The lead can be strange and arrogant, but that is part of the show’s appeal. It can seem more humanizing that most medical dramas that I’ve seen in the past. I give it four out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- It is hard to tell for sure this early, but I think that it might last a bit for now. Where to Find- On Mondays at 9/8 Central on FOX

Black Lightning: Show Description- A black superhero comes out of retirement to protect his city from new threats. Behind the Scenes- This is adapted from a DC comics character, but is not part of the main franchise of superhero shows on the CW (yet at least). My Thoughts- There could be more people that have super powers in this than I’ve seen thus far, but props to this show for going the route that there are more normal humans that can solve problems. It is a largely back centered show so it can seem a bit different than most shows on network television. I see it as largely good, but it needs improvement as it goes along. I give it three out of five stars. Long Term Prospects- This might last for now, but I’ll hold off on a more firm prediction until later. Where to Find- On Tuesdays at 9/8 Central on the CW


Well, that’s it for part one of these reviews. I don’t know what all I’ll be reviewing later. Just know that if you read a different blog of mine, you would know what show I will review next time I get to the new midseason shows this year. I don’t yet know if there will be a part 3 or not. But you got the first batch of these reviews. As for the rest, well, to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment