Saturday, December 30, 2017

Why It’s Never Good to Miss an Episode of a Show you Watch

This post is probably the most obviously named one I could possibly do. But when it comes to peak TV, it isn’t something that one always realizes. You see, it used to be at one point maybe that you could watch shows and miss an episode here and there without it causing too much of a problem for you. Only now, things have changed. I’ll get into that more here.

Whenever you have missed an episode, even if you don’t know at first that you have missed it, you will have missed a part of the show that is important in some way, shape, or form. It will almost certainly be mentioned again in other episodes, this development. There was an episode of The Middle that it took me a while to see in reruns and it explained questions that I had before. Of course, what complicated that show in reruns for me was that holiday episodes weren’t rerun as normally as the others and this could mean constantly missing important things such as Axel’s broken foot.

The more episodes you can miss, the more problems this can cause. I wind up seeing episodes of shows out of order all the time. For instance, since I had a lot of The Flash on tape, it confused me when I saw some of the episodes live before I had caught up. I had seen the episode Paradox, which was the second episode of the third season before I had the third season premiere or even the second season finale. This messed me up a whole lot also because I frequently miss recaps of shows. At least in this case I could still see the older episodes in good time. But what happens when I don’t get to see or record an episode? Then what?

Basically what happens is I get really confused and go on whatever information I learn from it. If I miss any show I watch, I’ll probably want to know all the important parts about it. Of course, I don’t always want to know spoilers, but they can be a good thing to know. You can only get bits and pieces this way and nothing beats actually watching the episode you care about. And while I could most of the time, I am too busy most of the time to actually see these outside of what shows are reran on television.

This didn’t used to be a problem regarding TV shows. You see, I would be okay never having seen every episode of The Andy Griffith Show because it isn’t at all like shows today where every episode matters. I still don’t think that I would care enough to see every episode of most shows that I see. I just hate it when the episode I miss is a key episode. Sometimes this is unavoidable. I mean, I think that nearly every episode of The Flash is a key episode. And by key episode, I mean that it has something in it that you will feel bad for missing. Yet it is hard to keep up with everything and if anything you do to record something fails or can’t be used, then you are sol.


Well, I hope that this post wasn’t just someone like me who is addicted to TV complaining about things that can go wrong. There is no way that I will be able to see every episode of every show that I watch and I’m okay with it. It isn’t good to miss anything with the way TV is now. But I am okay with it even though, deep down inside, I always want to make sure I stay caught up on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment