Saturday, December 23, 2017

Why I’m Glad I Don’t Have Satellite or Cable

I hear it so many times and I’ll never understand it. Numerous people say that they don’t watch a thing on network television. Despite all the great shows being on it, they would prefer whatever comes out of other networks on other channels. Only I’m different in many ways. As you can tell by the title of this post, I don’t have either satellite or cable and I’m glad about it. I love network television and I would not want to start watching other channels.

Of course, not having satellite or cable and relying solely on network television can be a problem. For one, I tend to have shoddy reception of some networks. The only time that NBC comes in is when there aren’t leaves on trees here. And even then, it is unreliable. Of course, it used to be better at times, but that isn’t the real point here. While I miss out on things like better reception of channels, I do enjoy something that those with satellite or cable don’t: free TV.

While it would seem that TV wants us to think that many people steal cable, it probably isn’t the case with everyone or even most people. But why would I spend more money on other channels when the shows that I care about are on network TV? It doesn’t make any sense. Sure, I’ll never know if Game of Thrones is any good. But do I honestly care?

Too many people complain about satellite and cable that they have. It is too expensive. They can’t quit the contract (not easily, at least). They still can’t find something good on despite all the choices. They get things that they don’t want but have to in order to get what they do want. They always have shows on that you don’t care about when you visit them. I could go on, but you should get my point.

I can be satisfied with little in life and not getting as much as other people. Since I am raised without more options than network TV, I don’t have a problem only having it. I can’t name that many shows that I would care about on cable channels and I don’t have to watch it anyways.


Well, that just about covers it for this post. There’s not much else to say so there really isn’t much of a point to say anymore. I probably shouldn’t even have this closing paragraph, yet I do. So I guess that we will see what the future brings for this blog in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment