Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturdays in Primetime Version 1

You might not see any posts like these that often unless something I’ve seen winds up on Saturday at any point in time. I might have done this last season when Ransom was on, but it didn’t happen then. I doubt that this will ever get caught up the other days of the week in terms of lining up one version with another. But you may see this again in the future. Just don’t expect it too much, if at all.

48 Hours: Status- Currently on CBS at 10/9 Central on Saturdays. There are times when it fills gaps in the schedule caused by cancellations on CBS, although that hasn’t happened in a while. Why I’ve seen it- I guess it was just me wanting to watch something that was on, although on occasion, I was interested in what the episode was dealing with. Description- A true crime series that is basically a documentary type show exploring a criminal case. Pros- The episodes are typically quite interesting. Cons- It airs at a bad time. It can also be gruesome and drawn-out. Note to Parents- Don’t let your kids watch this. It is far too dark for them. Recommendation- I guess that this is worth watching from time to time, although I don’t’ typically go out of my way to watch it typically. My Viewing Habits- I have seen this at times, but don’t tune in most times as it isn’t my cup of tea. Prediction- Somehow it has remained a long time on the air despite it typically airing on Saturdays all the time. I imagine that it will continue to last a while. Reception: positive. Grade: B.


Ten Days in the Valley: Status- On ABC on Saturdays. Why I’ve seen it- It looked good and interesting so I thought that I would watch it. Description- A woman’s daughter goes missing and we spend time with everyone related to her life in a period of ten days. Notable People- Kyra Sedgwick, most notable for her role in The Closer, is the star of this show. Pros- It is pretty good and interesting. Cons- It runs the risk of being too mysterious at times. Note to Parents- You probably shouldn’t let your young kids watch this, but teens should be fine with it. Recommendation- Watch it while you can because it won’t last much longer. My Viewing Habits- I saw it since it first aired and will watch the rest of it if I can. Prediction- This is practically over and burning off the rest of its episodes until the end of its run in early January. I wonder if it will be May when they own up to its cancellation or if they’ll do that sooner. If you want to see it, watch it or record it. But it will certainly be over after it finishes airing these episodes and it is cancelled in probably every way. Reception: generally favorable. Grade: A-. New review

No comments:

Post a Comment