Saturday, June 10, 2017

Notes on the Upcoming CBS Schedule: 2017 Version

Well, here’s my newest blog post on what the upcoming CBS schedule will be like. As always, I’m ignoring the summer part of the schedule as it is not part of the main season. I might as well make certain notes about this blog and others before continuing.

Before I continue, I should note that there are other blogs that I have that could and will affect this blog in the future. This is because two blogs that I have are about TV shows that have ended and I am keeping people updated on what the cast of the show is up to now. This will affect this blog so I can keep you updated on which shows have what people in them. I will still give CBS shows priority in nearly all cases. I could wind up with more blogs about more of these shows in the future.

Things are confusing with CBS especially since they have Thursday Night Football now. This could lead to short term replacements in terms of what has aired versus what could air. Basically, Mondays and Thursdays are a bit confusing because of all of this. There are random notes that I’m leaving in. Maybe you’ll wonder what they are, but I’ll admit that sometimes I leave things in posts that are just for me. I’m not sure what else to say regarding that.

Here are the notes that I’m doing relating to other blogs. What was Pure Genius became Training Day, then The Amazing Race, and will be S.W.A.T. next season. The Great Indoors will now be Young Sheldon. Elementary is gone until midseason and will be replaced for now by Wisdom of the Crowd.

Before the season ended, Code Black became Doubt before it was replaced by Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders. When Survivor was on hiatus during the winter, it was replaced at first by Undercover Boss, then later by Hunted. MacGyver left a bit early this season so that Undercover Boss could finish its run. In the early summer, NCIS: New Orleans was replaced by 48 Hours: NCIS.

You might be wondering what all of the CBS shows are that are returning for next season. They are Survivor, Madam Secretary, 60 Minutes, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS: New Orleans, Kevin Can Wait, Superior Donuts, Scorpion, Bull, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, Mom, Life in Pieces, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, and 48 Hours. Other shows that will return later some point at midseason are Elementary, The Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, Code Black, and Man with a Plan. There was never a decision made about Hunted that I know of so I declare it officially dead since no decision typically means cancelled, just not officially.

What are all the new shows that will be airing next season on CBS? Well, the new shows are Wisdom of the Crowd, Me, Myself, & I, 9JKL, Seal Teal, Young Sheldon, and S.W.A.T. Those are all the new shows that will start sometime in the fall. Meanwhile, the new things that will be at midseason are By the Book and Instinct.

Elementary is gone until midseason, being replaced by Wisdom of the Crowd; 2 Broke Girls is now Me, Myself, & I; Man with a Plan is gone until midseason, being replaced by 9JKL; Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders is now Seal Team; The Great Indoors is now Young Sheldon; The Amazing Race is gone until midseason, being replaced by S.W.A.T.

Hunted filled the gap of Survivor, Hunted is gone now; Undercover Boss filled the gaps of Survivor and MacGyver; The Odd Couple became Superior Donuts; Pure Genius became Training Day became The Amazing Race is now S.W.A.T.; Code Black is gone until midseason, being replaced first by Doubt then by Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders is now Seal Team; 48 Hours: NCIS briefly replaced NCIS: New Orleans more for the summer season than anything else, can be disregarded given it being more of a special part of 48 Hours than anything else


I think that I did this differently than usual and might have gotten a bit confused by what I was writing. Hopefully all of this post will make sense to you. There’s not much else to say so I might as well finish this post until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment