Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Look Back at My Fantasy Schedule for the 2015-2016 TV Season

You may have noticed back in April that I posted a fantasy schedule about how I thought that the upcoming TV schedule might go down. Well, there were various predictions that I got right and a lot that I got wrong, as usual. I’m going to mention what all happened with the TV schedule from the various networks and whether or not I saw it coming. Remember that most of my predictions came from the site www.tvbythenumbers.com as they typically do. If you want to read my fantasy schedule, then look back though my archives to find the post. Also, be on the lookout for future fantasy schedules from me in other seasons.

ABC: What I got right- I was right that a new soapy show would air at 8 Central on Sundays. I was right that a new comedy would air at 7 Central on Tuesdays. I was right that a new show would air at 7:30 Central on Fridays. I was right about the cancellations of Revenge, Forever, Cristela, Resurrection, and The Quest.

ABC: What I got wrong- I was wrong predicting that Motive would be renewed. I was wrong predicting that Nashville would change time slots. I was wrong predicting that Galavant, Secrets and Lies, American Crime, and Marvel’s Agent Carter would all get cancelled. I had failed to make a prediction about Beyond the Tank, which had not aired for the first time when I made predictions. I also forget to mention anything about the shows Repeat after Me or Rising Star.

CBS: What I got right- I was right in predicting that a new comedy would air after The Big Bang Theory. I was right that a new drama would air at 9 Central on Wednesday. I was right that The Big Bang Theory would be on Mondays until the end of Thursday Night football. I was right that the comedy airing after the Big Bang Theory would be crappy. I was right predicting that a new comedy would air at 8:30 Central on Thursdays. I was right thinking that Mike and Molly, exactly two new dramas, and Undercover Boss would all air at midseason. I was right predicting that The McCarthys, Battle Creek, CSI, and Stalker would all get cancelled. I was right predicting that Big Brother would be on during the summer.

CBS: What I got wrong- I was wrong in predicting the time slot change for Elementary. I was wrong predicting the renewal of Under the Dome. I was wrong predicting that both Mom and CSI: Cyber would move to midseason. I was wrong thinking that there would be any new comedies at midseason. I was wrong failing to put The Odd Couple, Person of Interest, and 2 Broke Girls at midseason. I was wrong predicting that Hawaii Five-0 would get cancelled.

CW: What I got right- I was right predicting that The 100 would air at midseason. I was right about there being at least one regular new show for midseason. I was not actually right about a lot of the random things that I suggested as I really wasn’t expecting such a decrease in new shows this season from this network. It’s hard to say where I went wrong.

CW: What I got wrong- So, what all did I get wrong? I thought that Jane the Virgin and iZombie would be moved to midseason. I thought that The Originals, Reign, and Supernatural would air at the wrong times. I thought that there would be different types of new shows that didn’t end up being announced. Specifically, there are no planned reality shows. I failed to make any prediction on The Messengers, which had yet to start when I did this prediction.

FOX: What I got right- I was right predicting the time slots of Bones and Empire for the upcoming season. I was right about the cancellations of The Following, Backstrom, and Weird Loners. I was right with predicting that Hell’s Kitchen and American Idol would both air at midseason as usual. While I did not get every cancellation right, everything that I thought would be cancelled was cancelled.

FOX: What I got wrong- I was wrong predicting a return to animation domination on Sundays. While not technically wrong about the renewal of The Mindy Project, since it wasn’t airing on FOX anymore this season, I was wrong to put it on their schedule. I was wrong with the time slots of a lot of shows including the only new show on any network that I decided to give a time slot too. I was wrong thinking that New Girl would air during the fall instead of midseason. I’m probably wrong with a lot of the midseason and summer predictions. Also, predicting an all comedy line-up on Tuesday was wrong. There were comedies, but not any that I thought would air on Tuesdays. I failed to make a prediction regarding World’s Funniest Fails.

NBC: What I got right- I was right predicting that a new drama would air after The Voice. I was right predicting that a new show would air at 10/9 Central on Thursdays. I was right about the cancellations of Hannibal, State of Affairs, About a Boy, Marry Me, and Constantine. I was right about The Celebrity Apprentice and The Night Shift airing at midseason.

NBC: What I got wrong- I had somehow failed to mention The Blacklist anywhere in my post. I also neglected to put America Ninja Warrior on my prediction list. I was wrong thinking that Welcome to Sweden would air during the summer again. I didn’t get any of the time slots for comedies right. I was wrong thinking that One Big Happy would get renewed. I never made a prediction about American Odyssey. I was somehow wrong about Emerald City getting cancelled even though it was cancelled only to be brought back, possibly.


Well, it’s possible that not everything listed in this article even is correct. I just hope that I can make good predictions in the future. In fact, I should probably do a post relating to all the predictions that I have done. I’m not yet sure if I will. We’ll see what other things mentioned in the previous blog post of mine will be correct or not as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment