Saturday, November 13, 2021

A Lament of the Loss of tv.com

There was a site relating to TV that I liked a lot for a while. The site was tv.com. I actually found it by simply typing it into a computer and I found out that it was, in fact, a website. I liked going to it from time to time and even had an account there at one point. It was a great place for a time.

 

Sadly, this site doesn’t exist anymore. Everything that I ever posted on it is gone. I posted reviews there the likes of which you wouldn’t see in this blog. I’m pretty sure that everything on it is gone and more than likely can’t come back.

 

What happened? I’m not entirely sure of what all went down. It was in March of 2019 when they had stopped doing lots of updates of it. It soon became hard for any user to get on their account, but I still was able to at least once at some point. Soon, all that happened when I tried to log in was the word: forbidden. It became clear that there was no point trying to get on this site anymore.

 

Some of this is what they did to themselves. There were too many connections to TV Guide’s website to the point of wondering why one would do both sites. I think that everyone from one site is on the other site and it some ways, nothing was really lost. But it is still hard to think of what’s all gone now.

 

There isn’t too much else to say. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who noticed or cared that the site was gone from the web. At least part of it still exists in the current site that TV guide has. But it is still hard to think that any work that anyone ever put into that site is gone forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment